sgtpappy1

95 Four Winds Class C Generator issue

Does anyone know if this unit would have the automatic transfer switch It has an Onan3600 KY generator Just got this MH and trying to do what I can to get the "bugs" out of it Generator fires up but no coach power, Too cold for these old bones this time of year Any help appreciated TIA Ken

sgtpappy1,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Look where the shore power comes into the coach.  It will either go to an ATS OR, there will be a pigtail that would allow you to manually plug generator cord into it on its way to the main 120 VAC breaker box.

Assuming the generator is putting out 120 VAC, either an ATS or manual box where you plug in either shore power or generator are the two ways it could be wired.

In a 28' Allegro 1997, the ATS was in the sink cabinet.  In the 2010 AC you have to lift the bed to get at it.  They hide them in the strangest places!

55 minutes ago, sgtpappy1 said:

Thanks Wolfe 10;checked and have neither Will have to get underneath when it warms up and I can get it up on Ramps I appreciate the advice

sgtpappy1, Welcome to the forum. One thing to do is to make shure there are no tripped circuit breakers on  the generator. Follow the cord from the generator to where it hooks into the coach. This will be the Auto Transfer Switch or the manual box. You can follow back the shore power cord to where it connects to the coach.

Do you have power when the coach is plugged into shore power?

Bill

5 hours ago, sgtpappy1 said:

Thanks Wolfe 10;checked and have neither Will have to get underneath when it warms up and I can get it up on Ramps I appreciate the advice

You should not have to get underneath to check for an automatic transfer switch or change power plugs from shore to genset. There must be a switch to change from shore to genset or plugs to change, there are no other electrical choices. If one source fed the other, exciting things would happen very quickly.

Guys I got under it earlier today . Followed the wire from generator , lead to 4X4 box underside of floor ,went inside kitchen cabinets leads under shower stall toward rear bedroom where power center is under foot of bed Will check for power at first junction box tomorrow and go from there weather permitting Thanks for the help Will post when I get more info Thanks Ken

Found the answer today wolfe 10 the unit has no transfer switch:youcalled it there is a receptacle inside the receptacle cord box I guess I can't scold the yungins for not finding something in front of their noses Thanks to all for their input on this Ken Oh generator is putting out 120 volts per my meter