struys

Dash Heater/AC Blower Replacement

Hello to all! I am looking for help in replacing the dash heater/AC blower in my 2007 Country Coach Allure. It looks like the entire horizontal dash surface needs to be removed. I cannot see any other way to get to the dash heater/AC assembly housing. Looks like the actual dash with gauges will also need to be unbolted and moved. I was able to replace the same fan on my previous RV, a 1997 Monaco Windsor, by removing the vertical surface between the floor and the dash horizontal surface. A new, $35 Napa blower motor was the fix! This RV appears to require substantially more disassembly to get at the blower motor.

If anyone had done this before  and would be willing to share their secret, please post a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.

Felix

2007 Country Coach Allure #31448.

Felix, Have you looked for a bad fuse? Where is the condenser unit located, is it in the rear area next to the engine and CAC turbo air cooler, or under the coach between the front tires area?

A bad fuse is far easier to replace then the blower motor. I would look real close around the passenger front kick panel for some screws hiding in the carpet nap. Some times it is much easier to find them with a magnet, held close to the bottom area where the panel and carpet meet.

Got to be-leave that they would not make the coach that needs to have the entire dash removed to replace the blower motor.

Rich.

The OTR A/C blower definitely needs to be replaced. It intermittently howls, squeals, etc., most often when I really need to use either the defroster or dash A/C. I had an identical intermittently noisy blower problem in my last RV, a 1997 Monaco Windsor. In that situation, I removed just the vertical panel below the dash to get to the blower, mounted just behind that panel  on which are mounted several of the louvered duct vents. Less than $35.00 at my local Napa and I had an identical blower assembly, complete. The exchange was very easy, then I reassembled everything (not so easy!). Working well for 15 years until I sold my Windsor to a friend. And it still operates quietly today!

In my 2007 CC Allure, I have removed the curved, shaped panel assembly covering the entire back of the instrument panel and can see the OTR A/C & heater assembly. It appears to be a metal enclosure about 18" in all 3 dimensions, mounted to the floor, as far forward as possible, centered laterally, left to right,  with no obvious direct access without complete removal of the instrument panel assembly, the complete horizontal dash surface and possibly, the complete vertical panel which, like my Windsor, also has several louvered duct mounted through it.

I consider myself a reasonably capable DIY'er, but this one's really got me stumped! I cannot imagine that CC did not have a means by which to replace the blower assembly without gutting the entire front, interior of my RV ! I do have a front, slide-mounted generator, but there are no access panels located anywhere in the generator "garage". I have ceramic tile on the floor in the front driver/passenger area and don't see any signs that the dash vertical panel can be removed without breaking up the grout from the tiles to that vertical panel!  I would guess that only the dash horizontal panel needs to be removed to get at it, but cannot figure out how to continue!

I am hoping someone else with a 2005, 2006 or 2007 CC Allure has done this before and is willing to share!

Felix

2007 Country Coach Allure #31448

2007 CC Allure Dash.jpg

In the generator compartment, below the windshield there should be a box about 20"x 6" X 14" W. L shaped flange and screws about every 3", Remove cover & there it is, both AC and heat.