revrichard

Memorial Day 2020

The Military & Veterans Chapter would like to take time to pause, recognize, and pay our respect to our military men and women that have made the ultimate sacrifice for us and our country.  Please remember those serviceman, servicewomen, and their families this Memorial Day weekend.  Let the families know that they (their loved one and them) are not forgotten.  Visit the chapter website to read the Chapter President's Memorial Day remarks.

Rev. Richard Strait, USN Retired

FMCA-MVC Alternate National Director & Webmaster.

Memorial Day.png

Thank you for the reminder Richard. An organization of buglers have arranged for as many as possible to sound taps at 3PM Veterans day all across our great nation in respect for all who gave all.

A veteran that plays TAPS at Military Funerals has asked for all  trumpeter all over the USA to play TAPS at 3:00 tomorrow. I am sorry I don't know if it is Eastern, Central, Rocky Mountain or Pacific Time. If some one out there knows please let us know.

Tomorrow please say a prayer for all of our active  duty service men and women & retired Veterans, active or retired First Res-ponder  and all medical workers. GOD bless each and everyone.

Herman

Herman, I would guess it to be 1500,  ETZ.  That would put all of America in daylight, including Hawaii. 

In Memory of Scott, Lincoln, Harold, Ed, Tony and Joe who cashed in, " the blank check " in Nam, 1961 - 1963!  Scott and Ed are still MIA.  God Bless you all. RIP

14 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I am sorry I don't know if it is Eastern, Central, Rocky Mountain or Pacific Time. If some one out there knows please let us know.

Herman, it doesn't matter. I kind of like the idea that happens in each time zone and the sound rolls across this land. To remind us and to tell everyone "WE REMEMBER"

Bill

I have a military style bugle that I use for military ceremonies and events.  I played TAPS today as well.  

Best regards,

Richard "Doc"