dvanveckhoven

Tiffin Allegro Red Tail Light

I have a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA.  My driver side tail light was not working when the headlights were on.  I thought it would be a bulb problem but when I removed the bulb it turned out the prong inside the socket was broke off.  My problem is finding a replacement socket to splice in since this socket has 6 wires coming out the back.  2 yellows, 2 browns, and 2 blacks.  I have already called Tiffin parts and did not have any luck.  The part number on the socket is F970 T1.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Freightliner and Auto Zone could not help.

Dennis, the 2 yellow are for your turn and stoplight, the 2 brown ard for your tail light and the 2 black can be for either 12 volt power or ground. Just tie the 2 brown to the single brown on the new single brown  and the same on the black and yellow.  You should be good to go.

Herman 

Try copy and paste the number that tiffin gave you in ebay search line, brings up many replacements. These are complete assemblies, a good time to upgrade to LED.

Edited by kaypsmith

4 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Dennis, the 2 yellow are for your turn and stoplight, the 2 brown ard for your tail light and the 2 black can be for either 12 volt power or ground. Just tie the 2 brown to the single brown on the new single brown  and the same on the black and yellow.  You should be good to go.

Herman 

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if I did that if I would do more harm than good.

Dennis

38 minutes ago, campcop said:

I  Think if you look at the tail light wiring, the second set of wires on the DS, run over to the PS.

There is a 4 pin connector with white, black, brown and green going to 4 butt connectors.  The extra set of black, brown, and yellow wires on the top light is running to the bottom light in the same tailgate light fixture.

Just wanted to give everybody a follow up.  After talking to Tiffin parts they gave me the company that sells them that part.  Well, Tiffin was wrong about the harness being from a 2007 Silverado.  While I was surfing Amazon trying to just find the socket and wiring it per everybody's suggestion I ran across the exact wiring harness which was a 25958494 not 25958482 that I was given.  A day later and $28 to Amazon I am back in business.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

Dennis

On 9/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, campcop said:

I  Think if you look at the tail light wiring, the second set of wires on the DS, run over to the PS.

CC, I have to correct you on one point part of the wiring connects both, however the Yellow wire is for the Left (Driver side) Turn signal while the Green is for the Right (Passengers side) turn signal and should never be connected together . Through some magic they come together for Stop and Flasher signals. Most is done through the turn signal module in the steering column. 

Herman