bikeryder

Circuit Breaker Location, 2003 Monaco Cayman

Yesterday I inadvertently plugged my single burner hot plate into receptacle on my 2003 Monaco Cayman while 2 space heaters were plugged in [dumb I know]. 

Immediately the circuit popped, living room TV shut off as well as hot plate and both space heaters. One space heater was plugged into bathroom receptacle which is GFCI, another space heater was plugged into wall receptacle just outside the dinette booth. In all four wall receptacles inside coach are dead, with another receptacle down in cargo bay also dead. Both the living room and bedroom TVs Do not have power.

The first thing I tried was toggling all the circuit breakers in bedroom, this did not remedy the problem. 

Also the existing GFCI outlet [which is located at bathroom sink], the test and reset buttons seemed to not have the feel of a solid click. The test button when pressed did not give off an audible sound. So I thought why not replace the 20 amp GFCI outlet which [after turning power off] I did. After taking my time to ensure everything was wired correctly, I turned power back on, same problem exists. Although the newly installed GFCI outlet has reset and test buttons which feel like they have a definite click when depressed, the small LED lights located on the outlet do not illuminate [no power].

I’m stumped, I’ve tripped all the circuit breakers I can find, and nothing seems to return power.

The 120V circuit breakers are labeled as follows left to right;

Water Heater, Block Heater, Bedroom, Front A/C, Main, Rear A/C, Inverter, Washer/Dryer, Refrigerator.

The only circuit breaker that I can clearly see what is being protected is the bedroom.

I have 3 wall outlets in bedroom and all are working fine. 

Both roof A/C units work, water heater works, microwave convection oven works, refrigerator all work on 120VAC.

I’ve searched for a possible circuit breaker but cannot find anything that remotely resembles 120V circuit breaker.

In summary I now have 4 Wall outlets inside coach and another wall outlet in cargo bay which have no power. In addition both Front and Rear TVs also have no power.

Can anyone offer advice on something I might not have already tried?

I’ll post a picture of my main 120VAC breaker panel and 12VDC fuse panel.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Brkr_n_12V.thumb.jpg.e5a8a46af5a3fea0a8ad00f56748fad0.jpgBrkr.thumb.jpg.bdf859281af3f7bff785ea25bccba982.jpg1161638733_12VPanel.thumb.jpg.073fdb8e4c9a5a7c3c732080e741a1d1.jpg

Edited by bikeryder
Clarity in terms

Not that familiar with your coach but if you want lets try some ideas. The problem as you found out is there arn't many circuits and it is easy to overload them. Look in the wet bay for anouther GFCI outlet. I would look at the outlet in the bathroom to.

You might look at plugin a heater into the circuit the microwave is on. They are usually 20+ amp circuits instead of 15. I wouldn't try running both at the same time.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

55 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

Did you try resetting the circuit breakers on the inverter? Those outlets may be fused by the inverter.

I second that suggestion.

11 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Have you checked the circuit breaker at the pedestal?

This is a 50 amp shore power unit, 50 amp breaker in the middle, both AC's are working which indicates that the pedestal breaker is fine. The inverter and rear AC are both on the right side of the main 50 amp main breaker, everything on the left side of the main breaker is working, that only leaves the inverter outlets to provide power to the TV's and other outlets, so with reasonable deduction, I would bet on the inverter outlets being the culprit. The inverter circuit breaker does not appear to be tripped and op stated that he had toggled all visible breakers, which would have reset all of them. Which leaves only the inverter to be holding back electricity. Most likely the inverter is also a converter to keep the house batteries charged, which is probably happening as we speak, more indication that the inverter breaker within the main panel is ok. Bikeryder is very knowledgeable and great at letting us know what is the end result, so I wish him luck in resolving this issue.

Edited by kaypsmith

SUCCESS!

Thank you all who replied. The solution was a breaker at the inverter! I didn't know of these but, now I do. You guys are amazing.

For those who like me may not be familiar with these breakers, I've enclosed pics of my inverter and the breakers.

You can see the tripped circuit breaker on AC 2 OUT

Inv_01.jpg

Inv_02.jpg

While you are looking at the inverter. See those to round circles at the top left? those are switches. I know they don't look like a switch. one is marked invert and one is charge. Try pushing on them. I had the inverter not working on my last coach and traced it down. Someone may have bumped it and turned it off.

Bill

Thanks for the additional info, wildebill308. That's something else for me to see and learn.

Any additional knowledge I can gather and can help others is greatly appreciated.

Eddie