oldgrape

DASH AC ISSUES

My dash AC was just blowing out the defrost vents. I checked all vacuum lines, replaced a couple, and still had the problem. I took it to a repair shop. The repair shop (La Mesa RV Tucson) discovered that the Vacuum motor was bad. They replaced it and now air comes out where it is supposed to based on the control nob position. Now the problem is that I only get ambient air temperature air out the vents regardless of whether I have it on heater or AC. The shop never even checked to see if it would get hot or cold. Does anyone have possible cause?

Oldgrape, A couple of quick tests !

Does the AC line going to the Evaporator get cold? 

Does the condenser fan start when the ac is turned on ? If the Condenser Fan does not start turn off the dash AC system.

Does the Hot water line to the heater core get hot ?

There is a fresh air setting that is active  on the vent setting, is that the only setting that is active ?

When you change the position of the  output, from floor, to dash outlets and to the defrost position ?

That is all I can offer at this time.

Rich

Edited by dickandlois

I agree with **** and Lois.  Check electrical connections.  With the engine running have a partner turn on the the A/C and see if the compressor clutch engages, if it does you likely have a leak.  If it does not then you have an electrical problem.  

I had a similar problem with my dash A/C on my 2005 Monaco Camelot and discovered that if the thermostat probe is not fully inserted into the cooling core the compressor will NOT come on. This connection is needed to complete the electrical circuit.

oldgrape, I asked the question because depending on what happens and does not happen could help you narrow down the issue(s).

The sensor in sensor issue offered by dws520 is a possibility, but there are a few others.

Rich.

Hello, I own a 2003 Wanderlodge LX. It WOG, Wanderlodge Owners Group has many threads about dash air, figuring them out and fixing them. Anybody can join (you do have to register) It's free. We help people with any kind of coach. 

I suspect the heater valve is stuck/broken. It shuts off/ turns on hot water when the heat/cool control is used. What happens when you select max-cool instead of normal cooling?

JIC you find it helpful: https://proairllc.com/pub/media/pdfs/et5-Dash_All_Electric_HVAC_System_Service_Manual.pdf

and: https://www.btrac.com/documents/svc-manual-revision-i-feb-2011.pdf

MH charge information: https://www.proairllc.com/pub/media/pdfs/eti-Refrigerant Charge Information - R134A Systems.pdf

Edited by rayin