C-944451

Hydraulic leveling jack monitor occasionally has audible alarm during slightest shift in movement during normal road travel

We have just recently purchased a used 2016 Fleetwood Discovery class A motorhome and have noticed that the hydraulic jack leveling monitor panel will occasionally make an audible alarm for a few seconds while we are traveling during normal road conditions. All hydraulic jacks are fully retraced and stationary during travel and the slightest movement is the RV (normal swaying/shifting) because of road conditions will cause a momentary audible alarm at the monitor panel. It kind of like the sensor is too sensitive in a way. It will go off by itself and return to normal operating conditions by itself also without us having to do anything to it.  Has anyone else seen or know of what may be causing this situation and perhaps have some ideas of what is causing it? If you may have any ideas or suggestions as to troubleshooting or other tips we would greatly appreciate it. We have stopped alongside the highway and checked the jacks and underside of the RV but everything appears to be normal with the jacks fully retracted in the UP position as indicated on the monitor "All Jacks Retracted" icon on the monitor.

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions in advance

I would check fluid level in resovoir for leveling jacks. May be a little low, causing alarm to activate. If that is OK, then check the switch on each Jack to make sure it is operating properly. They get dirty and need to be cleaned with electrical cleaner occasionally. Hope this helps.

Edited by frank.bergamo

Welcome to the forum. Yes the first thing I would do is to check the level in the reservoir for leveling jacks like Frank said. My last coach would do that unless the fluid was at the threads in the fill hole. 

Bill

HWH states all jacks should be stored and slide rooms retracted to check oil level, it should be at the max level to prevent sloshing oil from triggering the low level alarm.

BTW, DO NOT use hydraulic jack oil, HWH says to use their oil or Dextron ATF. However, use what your owners manual says, it is the final authority. My owners manual says to use type A ATF- for example.

Edited by rayin

We have a 2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E and occasionally have that same issue.  I believe ours was being caused by rocks or pebbles laying on top the skids  but will check fluids as well as suggested.  That’s for the info!

Another suggestion;  wait 30 seconds after the store light illuminates before shutting off the jack panel, this allows time for the springs to fully-retract the jacks after the reed switch signals the jack is retracted.

Pebbles on your leveler pads won't cause the alarm issue.  Low fluid will.  It may only take a very small amount of fluid to stop the issue.

Some one said only fill the fluid until it touches the thread at the bottom of the the fill fill cap? Which one? I have one at the top and the side  of of the resivior