five

Screw In Tire

I was checking my tires today and saw a screw in the outside edge of the curb side tag axle tire.  I checked the TP and it has not lost any air.  My question is are these big 22.5" tires treated the same way as a car/light truck tire regarding screws on the edge of the tire?  I know if this screw was that far to the edge of my toad tire, it would require replacing the tire.  These tires are less than three years old and have about 15k on them....rears are Toyo 295/80R22.5" and I have not attempted to remove the  screw.  I bought them from Southern Tire Mart, about a half mile from where I store the coach.

You will only know when you remove the screw. I would go to Southern Tire Mart and have them remove it. They can tell you if it is too close to the edge or not. It may not be any more then just in the meat of the edge of the tire and your tire is fine.

Good luck,

Herman

This AM I went to Southern Tire Mart...with my phone and a couple of pictures...not the MH.  Tech said if it was a steer tire it should be changed, but with a tag tire, the rules are a bit more lenient.  He's going to call when they have an opening in the next few days to pull the tire and check it...and hopefully plug it.

Took the RV to STM this AM.  They pulled the nail, actually a short screw, there was no air leak and a short screw.  The screw was in the thick part of the rubber, so I was good to go, and no charge.

I hope they put sealant in the hole. It might be very close to the steel belts and a hole might allow water to seep into the bare steel cords.