Polmex

generator belt change

Gonna change belt on my generac 7500 watt on my 2005 Alfa founder. Unit does not slide out. Any helpful hints would be apreciated regarding access.etc

On 6/18/2022 at 1:10 PM, Polmex said:

Gonna change belt on my generac 7500 watt on my 2005 Alfa founder. Unit does not slide out. Any helpful hints would be apreciated regarding access.etc

I would lookup a service manual for that model. Have you looked on You tube?

Remove the cover on the back. The awkward part, there’s no adjustments or tensioner. I removed the water pump pulley, removed old belt, put the new belt on, forced the pulley with the belt onto the water pump by hand, started the screws by hand, snugged with a cordless impact gun, torqued with a torque wrench. It wasn’t bad, but ours is on a slide and comes out very far. 

Thank you for the responses. I tried but could not get entjre side off and dont have room to get un there. Im gonna take it to our shop and have other gen techs help me. Were gonna pull it out and do a complete level 3 service on it. Thanks again

On 6/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, Polmex said:

Thank you for the responses. I tried but could not get entjre side off and dont have room to get un there. Im gonna take it to our shop and have other gen techs help me. Were gonna pull it out and do a complete level 3 service on it. Thanks again

Problem solved. Ended up removing generator from rv. Did complete belt and hose change as well as well as thermostat and complete service. Reinstalled. Tested. All ok now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hope you also replace the temperature sender at the same time. Its location dictates the genset must be removed from the RV too.