C-963726

Water Dripping

We have a 2022 Entegra Cornerstone has approximately 4000 miles we have used about 300 gallons of water constant drip where blue water line attaches at bottom of filter?
Could filter be bad or do we need the line looked at? 

253C1E63-DF42-411E-9A5F-6E65934ADE14.thumb.jpeg.0549d663e85cb015869a934ac420cc67.jpeg

2334BD48-BCBC-45EB-91E7-1A6D8037A1C0.jpeg

If it is leaking where the line attaches to the filter I would shut the water off then loosen the fitting that screws on to the filter and re tighten it. Make shure it isn't cross threaded when you screw it back on.

Bill

I agree with Bill. That bottom fitting appears to be cross-threaded, or an optical illusion in the picture. Once cross-threaded, plastic threads are difficult to correct, but possible. Teflon tape might help.

Edited by rayin

I don't believe teflon tape is used on that type of fitting. Looks like the typical 3/4" garden hose variety. Should be a rubber gasket inside and over time they get worn out. Replace the gasket and try again, hand tight. If you don't have a gasket, turn the one in there now over and try again.

Good luck,

On 10/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, wayne77590 said:

I don't believe teflon tape is used on that type of fitting.

True but those are such cheap plastic fittings the teflon tape my take up some of the slop in the threads.

Bill

1 hour ago, C-963726 said:

Thank you all got it all fixed up bad seals. 

Glad you were able to fix it. By the way did anyone say welcome to the forum?

Bill

Where did you get replacement seals? USUALLY, they are the same seal as a house toilet supply hose, I’ve found myself over the years purchasing a hose just to take the seal out for a leak here or there.