luvmemonaco

no tire selections show RV tire choices

good day, everybody, and hope everyones enjoying their travels.....let me get right to my question. Ive bought RV tires for the last decades, using FMCA's discount tire program, and i love it.

In the past, i was always told that RV tires are different from truck tires, due to the way they're made, or whatever.  In looking at the choices for the scroll to select types and sizes  of tires, the choices are car, truck, and trailer, no mention or option of  RV tires....am I wrong, or are we now supposed to be shopping among truck tires?

Edited by luvmemonaco
spelling

Supposedly RV tires are made with more additives to protect them from ozone and sun rays, but only when they are in  use. During long-term storage MIchelin says those chemicals are not being released from the tire compound; which is why they crack.

Personally I'm running Sailun truck tires, before them I ran Goodyear truck/RV tires, and I've never noted any difference in ride, handling or wear.

I ran the Continentals on my last coach. Not onley were they as good or better than MIchelin but over $100.00 cheaper after the discount.

I am running Toyo's on this coach mostley because I din't have to buy them. They have allso been as good as the MIchelin's.

Bill

I'm running PrinX tires on my Dolphin.  very happy with the ride and no cracking 2 1/2 years after install.