Sign in to follow this  
Larry196

I Want A Picture On My Rear !

I have noticed that a lot of the upper-end rigs have neat pictures on the back. I know most are factory applied, but I Googled RV Decals and found quite a few that can be bought and applied.

Has anyone been brave enough to do this? I was looking at my tail-end and it looks naked except for the Pace Arrow decal.

I have a 34 foot Class A.

I'm sure this would require two able people and some prep work.

Used a heat gun to remove the decal from the rear panel of our 38' DP.

Checked local decal makers who can do what they call a wrap (they enclose a whole van/car). Had mine done two years ago, then traded the RV for a newer one. Should have waited!!

Tried to load photo, but too large and do not know how to lower the kb size!!

I am a retired sign business owner and have placed vinyl "decals" on many coaches as one of my most valued clients was a RV dealer. You are only limited by your imagination, and budget. We calculated our pricing by the difficulty of the installation and the square footage of the project. There are a considerable amount of product qualities available so try to educate yourself before you make your buying decision.

Elgin

Elgin,

Thanks. Good to hear from someone knowledgeable in the business.

What should one look for in a quality vinyl graphic?

Thanks to all for the info.

I have been talking to a number of graphics companys here in Portland, seems like this type of application is not something that is to popular and I am getting a lot of lip service, (I think,I think; I'm not sure-but)

The prices are all over the place, from $400 to one guy that said I would need to strip all the paint and repaint the rear first.

I haven't given up yet

My advise would be to keep on looking. My friend who was in the decal business in Portland OR had some problems due to the recession and has moved on so I have no local suggestions. There are many good vendors in the northwest area who will be able to look after your needs, and some who will take advantage of you. The sign business is like any other business and establishing trust takes time.

I would suggest looking at the Signbiz website and find a store associate in your area. I worked with them for years and you will not find a finer group of business professionals in the sign business. They are located in Dana Point CA with store associates throughout USA and internationally.

Decals are self adhesive, so the surface you are attaching them to needs to be clean and free of contaminates. Basically a good wash or power-wash and a scrub. Some vinyl decal are made to be removable at a future date without leaving artifacts behind. Consider the cost savings to Rotor-Rooter when they trade in a fleet of 6000 vehicles or UPS with probably a 100,000 fleet. 3M makes a very high end product, at high end pricing. If you spend some time on the internet you can educate yourself sufficiently to be confident in your purchase decision.

Some factors to consider, substrate quality (vinyl) printing method (eco solvent, solvent or uv cured) or others developed in the last 3 years. And, basically if you see a sign or decal you like, ask the business (or purchaser) if they would use them again. Try to find a small progressive business. Business people like to share there experiences good or bad. I always advised my clients to seek out satisfied buyers and take there advise. Looking after my clients fed, clothed, and educated my family.

Find a local shop you (or others) have trusted and install a great looking picture that expresses your personality. I would encourage others to do the same. Life needs color and expression.

Elgin

Some time ago, we got a vinyl transfer that was huge for the rear of our TREK. We supplied the digital photo and they sent it to us in a tube. Went on NICE. I have no idea of the name of the company but try googling and you should find them

post-25951-0-67395000-1341166548_thumb.jI just joined this forum, belong to several others.

We bought a very old 1992 American Eagle, just driven around a bit so far, have been upgrading and fixing, hope to have it out soon, this is our 3rd. Had a class C, then a 2005 Winnie, 28 ft, nice little coach. And not sure what possessed us but fall in love with this old Eagle. Many dollars in it so far. But the reason for posting is it has painted scenes on it. One on the back, on the side, and front.

I will see if I can post some pictures. Why not consider someone to paint it on?