Sign in to follow this  
dukeman7595

30 Amp RV Into 50 Amp Shorepower?

I am a new member and and very green to motorhomes. By the way hello everyone.

Can I plug a 30 amp motor home into a 50 amp shore line with out hurting the system? Also how do you remember all things I have been reading in the questions and answers section.

P.S. I want to thank everyone for the information I have learned by reading other folks questions concerning their problems.

Sincerely, JOE

Joe,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, to plug your 30 amp shore power cord into a standard 50 amp RV receptacle, you will need a 50 amp male to 30 amp female adapter from any RV store and even some Walmarts.

Brett

Yes, not harmful-- a 50 to 30 adapter is a VERY common item-- not harmful. Your in-coach 30 amp breaker will still protect your coach electrical system.

As to how you remember all this stuff, just take your motor home out for a trip. You'll encounter some of the things you have read about. As you encounter challenges, if you don't recall them, go back to read about them again. Once you have worked your way through one problem you will have a much better memory of the way to handle that situation. Practical experience is the best teacher. Don't be overwhelmed, these things generally come at you a few at a time. It isn't like you have to know everything before you start the engine. Take it slow, a short trip will take you through a whole cycle of departing, setting up, taking down and returning home to park. You will learn as you go and will do fine. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

I want to thank each of you for the information, kindness and patience shown to me ( a green horn )..

I believe what I have heard, that motorhomes owners are indeed eager to help new people to the RV world, and with some new confidence I am ready to give it a try, thank you all..

Sincerely, JOE