Sign in to follow this  
John503

Dashboard Covering Coming Unglued

Hello to all.

My question may seem to have a simple answer and to most folks it may but to me its been a pain. I have a 2006 Monaco Monarch that the dash has come unglued in a couple of places. I recently had the coach in the dealers for some dealer service and asked them to reglue the dash material. When I picked the coach up they said they had reglued it but glue was not completely dry yet so they didn't know how well it would work. Well, it didn't work at all. The glue they used took several days to partially cure and I ended up clamping the material down in attempt to have it hold better, but to no avail. I have removed all the so called glue they used and cleaned the area as well as I can.

What I need to know is what is the best glue to use to re-set the vinyl to the dashboard, one that will hold and not damage the vinyl. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks.

John 2006 Monaco Monarch

John503

The product that I have used for a variety of like projects for many years is 3M SUPER 77 multipurpose adhesive. The strongest bond is made by spraying each surface and allow to dry a minimum of 30 seconds before joining surfaces. Available at hardware and automotive parts stores.

Dwight

3M SUPER 77

Thank you both, I will go to town in the morning and try and find this product. John

John503.....I found this product in Wal-Mart yesterday. It was in the paint department at our WM. Hope it works for you.....Happy travels, Paul

Got my 3M spray at Home depot. Call contact glue. Comes in a spray can and sorta messy. While there buy a couple of sheets of cheap plastic drop cloth ($.99) Seems to be working.

Robert Huffhines

Thanks to all. I got the product this morning at local auto parts store. Used it, now wait and see I suppose. The plastic came in handy as the stuff is a little messy and you sure don't want to get it all over everything. Again, thank you all. John