akadeadeye

FMCA Login

In the last few weeks, every time I bring up the FMCA webpage It does not recognize me automatically like it did a month or so ago. Nothing has changed with any of my three computers and I have the same result with all three. I have communicated with the web master and he told me it must be my computer that is at fault. I can assure the staff that all of my computers are set to accept cookies and the FMCA cookies show up as being active. And yet, every time I choose FMCA I have to re-enter my user name and password. I did not have to do this a month ago.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Don

Guest BillAdams

You are not the only one and it has been going on for some time. No one is interested in addressing the issue so the only work around that has worked for me and, the poster who suggested it, is to log into http://www.fmca.com/index.php and then click on Forums and View New Content. It still takes and extra click but at least I am remember by using this procedure.

I too have to login each time. The option of 'keep me logged in' or 'remember me' whatever it was is no longer showing up. I am using Firefox.

We use a SSO (single sign-on) that bridges from our main site, FMCA.com, to the forums. We are looking into possible causes as to why browsers are not "remembering login info for certain users. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue has been resolved.

If you are signed in, please sign out and then sign in again. The next time you close your browser and return to the site, you should not have to sign in again.

Well, maybe I spoke too soon. I clicked on the FMCA site tonight and it did not recognize me. And, I agree with Bill, it won't let me sign out after I do get in.

Don

Maybe the problems with the system are not solved. I selected my usual start page - http://www.fmca.com/ and I was logged in already. I had been online approximately 30 minutes and switched to my email program. I responded to a few emails - about 10 minutes then returned to the FMCA page. I was no longer logged in!!! A message in red was displayed "Your session has expired - please login again". ?????????

I re-booted the computer this morning and started some new sessions. When I got onto FMCA site it did not recognize me but when I clicked on Forums it did. Back to the home page still no recognition. Go figure.

Don

Occasionally, when I come to the FMCA.com, I do not have to log in, but most of the time I do. Logging in each time is a PIA, especially on the two computers that I am the only one using.

I do not have a problem staying logged into anyplace else that allows you to stay logged in, so I am going to assume it is a problem with the website, not my computers. I have signed out numerous times and logged back in as suggested. The next time I come to the site, I have to log in again.

It says that it is a hot topic, but no one has posted on it since March 18. I am sure that there would be a lot more people participating if this issue was resolved.

Is FMCA working on this?

JMHO

Paul

UPDATE

To FMCA's credit, I heard from someone at FMCA shortly after posting this morning. My Windows 7 machine appears to be working correctly. Unfortunately, my power adapter on my XP machine broke, so I have no idea if it the issue is resolved. I ordered a new power adapter. As soon as it arrives, I will post an update.

Again, thank you for the quick response.

Paul

My windows 7 computer automatically logs me in each time, but my XP computer does not. It does automatically log into other sites including many forums. I am sure it is just a setting that needs to be changed.

Can someone help with the settings I should check? I have my cookie setting set to Medium-High.

Paul