Sign in to follow this  
gmoreno

Is This A Scam?

Hey fellow Rv'rs:

There was a recent ad in the FMCA Magazine (May 2012, pg 111) labeled "Maine Cool Sea Coast." I tried to google this RV resort/Campground and all I found was this link below. Just seems to me that in today's age of technology, why would there not be a website for this RV Resort? You can create a website for less than $100 a year!

So, just really suspicious about this place, though it does like nice. Has anyone been here or know of someone who has visited this place? Any thoughts of this is a legit Resort? How can I find out if this is a legit operation? BBB? Chamber of Commerce? I emailed the person as noted in the FMCA magazine Saturday (April 28th), so we'll wait and see if he replies.

http://bigrigresorts...&type=rent

Thanks,

Rob

I doubt that it is a scam because it is listed on several other sites. And the ad in FMCA magazine I am sure was not free.

http://www.rvparkstore.com/rv-parks/90389-sandy-shores-rv-resort-warren-me

http://www.selectmaineinns.com/camping_77310.php

Let us know what you hear from the email. We are planning a trip to Maine next year.

Rob, There is a Warren Maine and a South Pond.

If you have Google Earth, put in these coordinates 44.090 N / 69.256 E and take a look from above. Might spot a Campground in the general area.

Rich.

Hey fellas:

So Pete emailed me and I cut and pasted his reply here on this forum for curious readers. Pete also sent about 10 photos. Not sure how to get these to all interested parties.

We might just do a weekend simply because we are curious. However, we travel with young kids (3 and 6 years of age) and no mention of park and weekend activities for the kids. We live just North of Boston, so it's about a three hour trek to this place should we decide to investigate and take a peek. If we do, I let readers know what we learned.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob

We live in Lake Wales Fl in the winter and Maine summer. We are full timers. I have 10 lots there at Sandy Shores. We are on a lake and 5 mi. from the Atlantic. Camden, Rockport & Rockland are 15 min away. The Resort is very beautiful and easy access of Rt 1. Not very many people know about it. We do not advertise in ant R.V. books,or have a web site. We are a condominium assoc and we all own our lots. There are 75 lots at Sandy Shores and are very nice. There are a few paved pads but most a very nicely landscaped. We do not except Pop Ups, Truck Slide in campers or Tents. Most lots are 5500 sq ft and there are 5 that are 7700 sq ft. There are very few children there, an occasional a grandchild. Pets are allowed and the usual rules you would find in any camp ground. Only one R.V. per site, Guest are allowed with no charge for a minimum stay (1) week and you can wash your R, V. and Autos. Lots are 17,57,75,72 74 62 64 & 46,52,53

Rent is $700.00 per mo May, June. Sept, Oct. $800.00 July / Aug, includes elect. / $2800.00 for the Season. (May1-Oct 31) Plus Electric. You make $200.00 deposit direct to the bank info below.

Sandy Shores R.V. Resort is an upscale camp ground compared to the ones in our area. Sandy Shores rate are lower that all campground with in a 25 mile radius, and we are 200.00 less than they are. We also are a gated community. there are severl lot up for sale as well staring from $40.000.

Maine 's Season is a short one and everyone wants July/August. so the early bird gets the worm??? If you are interested let me know soon, as they will be booked fast..

My Bank information

Note from Moderator: I removed his banking information.

Brett

Let me know if you get these.

Pete

We might just do a weekend simply because we are curious. However, we travel with young kids (3 and 6 years of age) and no mention of park and weekend activities for the kids.

We're somewhat familiar with Sandy Shores - it's not a traditional RV park/resort as you're used to. It's a condominium/ownership community. The sites are individually owned. Generally folks stay the season, kind of like snowbirding; a few (like Pete's lots) may be available for monthly sublet rentals. They're not set up for short-term stays (I'm not sure if the condo rules allow it) and there aren't organized activities (that I'm aware of). Almost all adults, very few kids except the occasional visiting grandchild.

If you're looking for parks with kids activites, many around Wells/OOB have a great set-up for that. Further north, Skowhegan KOA is very family-friendly as well.

Michelle

Tom,

You can send him a PM (Private Message).

Just scroll over his screen name and click on "Send message.

Brett