Sign in to follow this  
pappyb

Locating FWD Holding Tanks On 04 HR Vacationer 36DBD

I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer with bath and half.

The fwd grey water tank valve leaks by so that when I hook up sewer hose the outlet always has water there. I can see at the drain control station the general direction that the control cable goes but can't see whether the holding tank or the valves are. Where I do I locate the fwd holding tank valves? I have looked in all of the compartments but can't find where the cables go to the valve. The rear holding tank valves are located in the rear left compartment. But unable to find forward tank valves.

Does any one have same issue? I want to locate valves and repair so everytime I hook up I am not dumping holding tank water on ground.

Pappy,

Welcome to The Forum.

You have two Tee Handles you pull to dump your holding and gray water. The smaller one is for your gray water. These are your slide valves for each tank. Purchase a valve from your local RV Supply House. Drain the tanks. Use your jacks to raise that side of your coach. Remore the 4 bolts remove and replace the valve. Be sure the two gaskets are in place before you tighten the bolts. You should be good to go.

The reason for tilting the coach is to move any water residue away from the drain.

Good Luck.

Herman

Hey Herman,

Good tip about raising the coach on one side to keep the tank from draining as you change the valve.

I have one other tip: If you crawl under the coach to change the valves, don't lay directly under them. Lay as far to one side as you can reach. I actually know I guy who positioned himself directly under the valve he was replacing. I guarantee you will only make this mistake once!! I ain't saying who he was. :+(

One other suggestion: the valves are cheap. If you replace one, go ahead and replace the other one at the same time. Might keep you from having to it all again in a few months. Almost as easy to change two at the same time as to do only one. Note that the valves are two different sizes so get one of each size when you do the job. They are cheap enough to keep a replacement set on hand. Easy, but dirty, DIY job.

Jack

With your cable controlled valve vs a manual valve with T handle, you will need to find the valve itself to determine if this is a cable or valve issue.

To remove the valve, lean the coach TOWARD the side the drain is on with the valve open to drain as much as possible. Then, lean it the OTHER WAY so the valve is now "high and dry" before removing it.

Thanks for replies. I find the cable control on the panel but can't trace where it goes once it leaves the compartment for drain controls. This is my problem with the forward tanks only. I can find the valves for the aft tanks.

Once I find the valves I should be able to change valves or lube up the control wire at the valve.

We have just purchased 2005 HR Vacationer and when my husband tried to fill the city water tank, a drain under the bed area drained everything out, no idea where this comes from or how to shut off. Need help.

Got diagrams from manufacturer. Traced back and found valve for forward tanks. Will need to make a new access in bottom pan to make access easier for replacement.