Sign in to follow this  
Deborahheinz

Roof

Yesterday while preparing the motorhome for the season I found that a branch had landed on the roof and made a hole about the size of a quarter. The roof is the one piece rubber membrane. The hole is small but pierced the membrane and the plywood below it. How should this be repaired?

A few years ago had somethig similar, except a big tree branch did $5k damage

Insurance comp covered claim less deductible.

A quarter size hole could cost many times that. I would file the comp claim and let a roofing pro fix it. Insurance companies I had provide warranty on repair if using one of their provided repair facilities.

Jmho and what I woud do if it was my problem. Future water damage could far exceed the cost of comp deductible if not repaired properly. Comp claim does not count as an at fault accident.

Again, jmho.

The answer depends on how much water damage has been done. Any water--damaged area will need to be repaired.

If there is little water damage to the plywood, you can get some self leveling calk compatible with your roof material and simply seal the hole. Or if damage is more extensive, you could be looking at the more extensive repairs Xplorer detailed.

Thank you for all of the responses! There does not appear to be any water damage and I am hoping the self leveling caulk will put this experience behind me. Thanks again for the information.