Sign in to follow this  
fighterpilot

Towing 7000 lb Pickups?

What older model, 34 ft., class A motorhomes, other than Monaco, are rated to tow a 7000 lb toad? 1995 to 2000 vintage.

I could save some time by searching for one of those.

Stay with a diesel pusher type.

Thanks

Check the American Coach models for those years. The new ACs are rated at 15,000, so the older ones are probably in your range or higher.

Check out the new 2013 Tiffin Phaeton in the FMCA magazine page 74. 36 foot, 380 Cummins, 3000 Allison Trans, 4 slides, Queen bed, booth plus sofa bed.

This might fit your requirements. I don't know about the seat belt issue.

Herman

What older model, 34 ft., class A motorhomes, other than Monaco, are rated to tow a 7000 lb toad? 1995 to 2000 vintage.

I could save some time by searching for one of those.

Stay with a diesel pusher type.

Thanks

In 98 they went to electronic engines, my ISB Cummins has over 800 lb/ft of torque. That size engine was used in 32-37 foot coaches.

We gave up the diesel pusher. Too big. Too expensive to maintain and have gone to a National RV coach that is rated to tow 7000lbs. Will give up the diesel performance however. Now trying to find a 1990s Ford Ranger we can two in lieu of the 7000 lb GMC. It seems that 1998 and up have limitations. 1996 and 1997 OK with manual transmission, but haven't found out anything about the earlier 93s, 94, and 1995. Anyone tow one of these in the past?