Sign in to follow this  
pdhardin@gmail.com

Central Vacuum

We're considering having a central vacuum system installed in our 2008 Phaeton when we get to Red Bay. Our floor is mostly tile and sweeping with a broom is useless, as most of the dirt settles in the grout lines. Can any of you share the pros and cons of the central vacuum as to effectiveness, wise use of space, convenience, value? Many thanks...

We're considering having a central vacuum system installed in our 2008 Phaeton when we get to Red Bay. Our floor is mostly tile and sweeping with a broom is useless, as most of the dirt settles in the grout lines. Can any of you share the pros and cons of the central vacuum as to effectiveness, wise use of space, convenience, value? Many thanks...

Our Foretravel came with a central vac. It is substantially more powerful than most any regular vacuum one is likely to carry in a coach. Also, any dirt that the bag doesn't catch is exhausted outside the coach, not back into the interior. Hose storage room is about equal to that of a small/medium vacuum.

Brett Wolfe

Guest Wayne77590

Okay! This worked for me in the stick house once - and DW was not home.

Leaf blower, gas powered, all windows open. Vroooom! Vroooom.

Worked for me!

Sorry I don't have a Central system, just DW.

Couldn't resist.

As Brett said, and I have others say, it does the job well. Don't know the model.

We purchased a central vac at the FMCA Bend Or convention 2 years ago. We are very happy with it. By far it is better than the portable units we used to carry.

A central vac came with our unit. It is positioned at the back under the bed and takes up no room. Trouble is the hose barely reaches the front and we have no carpet beater. The hose stretches like an elastic band so when it gets away on me it retracts like a coil to the bedroom. Very noisy of course so the DW and dog go outside when I vacuum. Has been my job for years!!

Certainly has the power but I find a portable unit is easier to use to get into all the nooks and cranies!!

Kinda like Wayne, I use an ''alternate'' cleaning system since my coach does not have a built in vacuum system.

My system is called the ''ALL SEVENTY CROSS WIND SYSTEM'' and if you use it, you gotta pay me ten cents. Here is how it works.

First. You open all the windows in your coach.

Second. You open all the roof vents in your coach.

Three. You turn on your fan in the stove vent.

Four. You turn on the fan in the bathroom.

Five. You go out to Kansas where the is always a forty mile per hour cross wind and you kick you coach up to seventy miles per hour. This causes an inverse proportional vortex inside you coach that will take small dogs out the window if you arent careful to tie them down. If you use my idea you will owe me ten cents and you gotta pay me the next time you see me. If you lose your cat...... I DONT KNOW YOU......

Seajay the sailor man

We have a 2002 Zephyr and we were just at the factory for some work to be done, and decided to have a Central Vac put in. At first I was going to buy a new one from the parts dept store at the camp ground, and they told me that I could go over to the Tiffin used parts dept and pick up a new Vac. that had been taken out of a newer model in order to install a Dirt Devil brand. It cost me $25 for the system and another $25 for all the hoses. They installed it for $50.

It was great to be at the service center at Tiffin.

John Sonday

We have the dirt devil built in and it works great the only short fall is that the carpet attachment does not have a beater brush to really get after the carpet.

Note to Joe the army guy........ LOL.....

You wont believe it but in our travels we take note of companys with funny names and slogans under their name.

example....... In Niagara falls there is a funeral home named AMIGONE. honest there is ....

In Nova Scotia there is a cemetery named Ha Ha cemetery.... (last laugh i guess)

We seen a sign that said Joes Vaccume repairs.... ''THIS PLACE REALLY SUCKS''....

We saw a child care center that was named ''Diapers and Snot'' WE CLEAN BOTH ENDS....

We saw several beauty parlors named ''CLIP JOINT'' and "CURL UP AND DYE''

On the Alcan highway there is a place called ''SKINNIE ***** HALF WAY INN''.............

Out in Wyoming we seen a ranch named ''TIRED *** RANCH'' and there was a burrow sitting on the ground in front of the sign .. I got the pix somewhere

We have seen more than one '' ROAD KILL CAFE''... we didnt stop ....

We have seen many signs for a gas station and a cafe together ..... ''EAT HERE AND GET GAS''.......

Note ...... did you go to ''are you a veteran'' and register............... GET IT DONE SOLDIER ...

Seajay the sailor man.....

I just put a Red Devil in my basement. Takes up no room. Installed it in the living room next to the kitchen. I even put in the optional floor sweeping pan in the kitchen. The other 1/2 :rolleyes: can now sweep the floor right to the vac unit. I also put an optional basement hookup in so I can vacumn my truck when the floors get dirty in our travels. Eassssy to install yourself. Good luck. I got my unit off of ebay from a guy who gave me a price on the whole system with everything that I wanted. :) This one came with the collapsable wand and a beater brush.

I LOVE MY CENTRAL VAC! Seriously, it is a great add-on feature. I have it in the basement about in the middle of my 39 ft. Adventurer and the hose with attachment reaches fron to back. It stores in a small box under the couch and is very easy to use. Altho instructions came with the appkiance it was beyond my ability to install, but the professionals did a great job, I highly recommend one.