Sign in to follow this  
rqpretired

110 Switch To 12 Volt

We just purchased a 1999 Winnebago Adventure and it appears that everything works when connected to shore power but as soon as we disconnect, everything is dead.

I have cleaned all battery terminals and they are fully charged. The box where 110 volts enters the coach contains an electric switch that one would think, should click over to 12 volt when shore power is disconnected but nothing happens" no sound"of it clicking over.

What am I missing.......Help

Pretired

Pretired,

Welcome to FMCA !

When you mention everything works works when connected to shore power, does that include the AC Unit(s), refrigerator, and the 12 volt lighting?

Should these items not be working the only thing that would prevent that would be the lack of 12 volts from the DC fuse panel.

From your post it sounds like you loose the 12 volts as soon as you unplug from shore power. Is the disconnect switch for the 12 volt supply turned on?

Some coaches require a switch to operated manually to get 12 volts supplied to the buss when not connected to shore power.

Rich.

I have located a small unidentified switch that was hiding under the counter extension at the entrance but unfortunately it did not solve my problem.

I still have no active 12 volt system after i disconnect from 110 shore power.

pretired

Pretired, Take a look at this link. Select the year and model of your coach and download the wiring information.

the information should lead you to the area of the switch and give you the wiring circuit(s) covering you 12 volt system.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

Look the information over and let us know how you are doing and get some additional help if needed.

Rich.

Pretired,

Most lights in coaches are 12 volt, and some other operations, such as your camper style refrigerator. If all of these go out when unplugged from shore power, but work when plugged in, then the 12 volt must be working on the 12 volt converter.

If you crank the coach, do any of these items work then? There should be two sets of battery/batteries. One battery or sometimes two batteries for the coach to crank and run. Now that said, there usually on most coaches is, another set of batteries, this is for house use. These are not normally in the same area of the coach as the battery used for cranking the coach. As Rich suggested, find a manual, if possible, for your model coach. Knowing what I have described above, you should look for house batteries, versus chassis batteries.

I hope this tidbit will help relieve any confusion about the 12 volt wiring.

Kay

I NEED HELP FINDING MY CONVERTER ON MY RV

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what coach you have-- that may help.