When we started towing four wheels down I purchased a Roadmaster Sterling tow bar set-up complete with supplemental and break-away braking and a Guardian shield to reduce rock damage to the toad. The first one gave up after about 80,000 miles towing. To be honest, I did back up with it a few times and that finally resulted in its failure. I sent it back to the factory and they gave me a deal on a re-manufactured model of the same tow bar. That one is still working fine (no backing up any more) and now has about 70,000 miles on it. Both our toads have been in the 5000 pound range so this bar will handle a good size vehicle and last a long time. The weight limit is 6000 pounds for the Sterling.

Blue Ox and Roadmaster seem to be the most popular ones out there. I don't think you will go wrong with either one.

I have had my Blue Ox Aventa II for eleven full timing years.

Had it serviced three or four times in Quartzsite by Blue Ox. Used to be free but costs $25 now as I recall.

Thanks for all the replies I am probably going with the Blue Ox set up.

Talk about bad deals working out in unexpected ways. I got lightly clipped on the right rear of my Civic. Put it in the shop last week and when I went to rent a car they had a 2013 CRV available. The CRV was on my short list to replace the Civic so guess what car I rented. I have decided that I like it better than I thought I would. Nothing like a 6 day test drive. Now looking to find a good deal on one.

Bill