fsandoval777

Need Alternator Part Number: 1987 Bounder With 454

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a 1987 Fleetwood bounder with a Chevy chassis and a 454 that has a bad alternator. Does anyone know the part number for a replacement alternator?? The problem I am having is: Not one person at three different parts stores can find one for me. My current alternator looks like its a original alternator made by Powerline. All I need is a part number and where to buy one, can someone help??

Frank

Frank,

Welcome to the Forum.

I am sure you have, but did you take your alternator of and try to have a parts house match it?

If you have it off try and find a Alternator/Starter Rebuilder. ( I would almost bet that they would know the P/N.)

Good luck,

Herman

Frank,

Here is the website for Powerline (actually the company is Hehr- Powerline): http://www.hehrintl.com/alternators.htm

Also, I suspect that the model number is on a tag on the alternator itself.

Another option is to Google "Hehr Powerline". You will get PDF service manuals for many of their alternators.

Brett

Frank, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

The Generator, yes they still called them generators in the OEM shop manual for your model year P30 series chassis is, CS 130 series unit and is a 105 amp output unit. Voltage range is 13.5 to 16 volts max.

Should get you started in the right direction. One can replace them with a high output current.

Make sure you the pulley from the old unit installed on the new one, so the belt pattern and spacing is maintained !!

What model Bounder do you own ?

This link will picture the different stiles and mounting information for them, plus they can be increased to 160 amp output.

http://www.tuffstuffperformance.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=179/home_id=-2/mode=cat/cat179.htm

Rich.

Thank you for all the replies, I have taken the alternator off and took It to autozone, pep boys and they cant seem to match it. I was hoping someone had the same problem and had a part number that I could easily go down to Autozone or Napa and pick one up.

Frank

Frank, the unit is obsolete, so this is a part number in the old series. CS-130

With this part number from Delco -Remy, you will need to do some looking to get the proper mounting and amperage.

This will not in most cases be a one step and done issue.!!! Remember to keep the OEM pulley !!! to have it mounted on the replacement !!!

Part Number. 1105710. Status. Obsolete. Model. CS130. Napa shows the number listed as good. the big issue is it is NOT crossed directly to the 454 engine- mounting wise.

The Delco -Remy number and information that might help is

1987 W Eng VIN

Reman Alternator Amps: 120

The pulley setup will NOT match your belt setup, so the old one will need to be used.

The other issue is having a service center look at it to see if the casting haves can be indexed to match your mounting setup. Indexing is not a good item for a person not familiar with alternator / generator rebuilding, as one can wind up with a lot of little parts falling out of the unit.

Rich.

Thank you for all the replies, I have taken the alternator off and took It to autozone, pep boys and they cant seem to match it. I was hoping someone had the same problem and had a part number that I could easily go down to Autozone or Napa and pick one up.

Frank

Frank, my experience with alternators has always been to take the original one to a respected rebuilder and have them go through it, then ask them if they have another one in stock they will sell you. Always a good idea to have a spare in the coach just in case one dies in the boonies somewhere...... :rolleyes: