Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Carefree Awning Motor

We own a 40 ft. 2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and we are experiencing a problem obtaining a motor for a Carefree awning that is located over the door. According to our RV repair people, they have been informed by Carefree that this motor is no longer in production and is not available from them. We have tried many different avenues to try and locate said motor, but to no avail. We were wondering if anyone out there might have some ideas as to where this motor could be obtained or could provide us with some direction as to where to proceed.

The awning model number is VZ052BQ025WM and the motor number is 014005-070

Thank you in advance for your attention and co-operation in this matter.

Sincerely,

Richard R. Long

FMCA Member #412328

arlong101@msn.com

Richard R,

Welcome to The FMCA forum!

Could you attach a picture of the motor / assembly and mounting for the group ?

Have had some luck finding the motor for the larger curb side awning and wondering how close they are to each other.

I will use your part number and see if I can find one hiding somewhere.

Rich.

Do you have the motor out? We have an electric motor repair here in Birmingham, and I'm sure there are many others. I've used this service many times and find they can repair almost any winding. If the gear end is the problem, those usually

can be repaired also.

Kay

When I brought mine the dealer had to replace the plastic gear in my 06 HR over the door awning. If the motor is running and not going anywhere then that could be the problem. I think the fix was a metal gear. Maybe a motor shop can help you.

My brand new 2014 Georgetown 377XL has been trouble from day one. Orlando RV are horrible to deal with. So I brought it to Cocoa Camping World for warranty work. 2 weeks later it was ready (Rough when full timing) .

One day later my Dometic electric awning is stuck out. Bad circuit and motor. Now I have to break camp again to show it to a technician return to camp and wait for parts. Then break camp for installation of received parts. This is their warranty policy.

I have done many repairs myself for obvious reasons. This 38 foot coach is assembled by the unskilled. I can't wait until it stops falling apart. I have to call the manufacturer (ForestRiver) to expedite authorization of repairs each time for each repair. Waiting to enjoy this coach.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

My 2012 Journey had its share of problems. I think all new MH have a switch or a bulb that just doesn’t cut it.

Working with local Winnebago Dealers I’ve been able to get the service tech to come the CG.

May times all you need do is to ask.

Thank you so much to all of you for your replies and suggestions to try and solve my Carefree awning motor problem. I didn't quite understand the 2nd post from Rich regarding an email and pictures sent not related to my motor issue? I will check into several of your ideas and post any results if and when they are achieved. If not, I will be asking for more help.

By the way, my motor and gear assembly are outside the tube which apparently makes a difference. I guess the newer ones are enclosed in the awning tube?

Thanks again!

Richard

It's in the tube. Not that it works better. Mine was stuck out in Mexico, we ended up having to take out motor and hand roll the awning to in position, then tie off with HD electric ties. The only way to keep the awning and motor inside cover, was to cut outside motor wires...no slack.

Have not been able to get it fixed yet...will have it removed completely later in CO. when all my awnings will be replaced by Zip Dee!

Are electric awnings better than manual? After 45 years of having both types, I prefer manual! Takes a little longer, but at least they tolerate a little wind and rain!

After some extensive searching, I think I have located the motor that I need on ebay from visoneautomart.com in KY? After several emails back and forth, I have been assured by Kara Guzman at Carefree of Colorado that this is the one that will fit my particular application and I have ordered it for $290.00 including shipping. Hopefully, this will end the dilemma?

I wish to take this opportunity to THANK all that responded, including Pamela Kay from FMCA with her information that Bill Hendrix had provided as a possible source of information at Fiamma.com.

It is always nice to have family (FMCA) to rely on. It is sure worth the subscription fee!

Thanks again!

Richard AKA: "Smiley"