Sign in to follow this  
gbconsta

Catastrophic Failure Of Leveling System

The leveling system on my 2005 Country Coach Magna has experienced a catastrophic failure of the rear control box. It shorted out and burnt-up the main circuit card.

I am concerned about driving the coach to a repair facility. Has anyone else experienced this problem and will I be putting the coach at risk to drive it.

Any thoughts are comments will be appreciated.

Stuck in an RV park.

Gary, Think a call to Country Coach to see if there is a dealer near you that could look the coach over or maybe the factory could give you some pointers.

There could be items they would question you about before the coach is moved.

Rich.

If your jacks are down you have to crack the lines to get them up. Most have internal or external springs to hold them up. Then pull the fuses to the leveling system.

Do this with safety stands and air suspension aired up.

gbconsta,

Do you have jacks? If so, as Puff said, you may have to break the hydraulic lines so the jack can retract. However if you only have air leveling then you have another problem.

You didn't say where you were parked, in a CG or at home. Either way if you have Coach Net or some other service I would give them a call to have your coach moved to a service area.

Good Luck,

Herman

Your Magna most likely has air leveling as does mine. Does the coach appear to be level or close to travel Mode? Does manual leveling work? I know my computerized leveling system has malfunctioned during this trip, but I can still manually level the coach and it does go into travel mode when driving. I am hoping the computerized leveling just needs calibration. If you can manually level the coach, you should be able to get the coach into travel mode as well.

Press the main air switch on your computer head in the dash once to activate it then try to press the front/back/side buttons up or down to manually change the system to see if this works. Just pressing this switch once puts you in manual mode. In your case this may or may not work. If not the tow scenario may be needed.