Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Dometic Toilet Lost Power

I have a Dometic Sure Flush 8759 toilet that lost electric power. In my manuals and what info I could get from Dometic, there is a 25-amp

fuse for 24V or a 15-amp for 12V, also a control box. Does anyone know where American Coach hides the above items?

Manholt, I can not remember your Coach Model, Eagle, Heritage or Tradition or year

Fuse panel could be under the coach near the batteries.

Control Module ?

Rich.

2010 Tradition 45Y. Found fuse ( circuit breaker ) on buss bar in compartment next to batteries...tested and got 13.4 volt. AMC sent schematics for my coach and told me that control unit was behind toilet, behind paneling.

They suggested that I remove toilet to get at a cut out access panel....my toilet is full, so I ended up cutting out another opening ( I have long arms ). No controller, nothing is back there except for touch pad electric line. After an hour of me and a friend wiggling and following wire, we found the controller next to aqua hot for dishwasher.

The controller has no reset button, because AMC took the original box as shown on their and Dometic schematic apart and placed the circuit board and connectors in their own water proof receptacle!

Per original drawings, there are in line fuses between controller and toilet....we have no clue where they are at, as now the wiring is sheeted and runs under floor back up to toilet.

Whatever happened to KISS?

I do wonder sometimes what happened to the KISS theory!

The only thought I have is to use a wire tracer(tone generator and receiver) to trace the wire path.

One other thing you might try is a video inspection camera to get a better look behind the panel, to see if that allusive fuse could be located that way.

When an inline fuse is used ! A point of access needs to be there and my thought is it is behind the panel. That in this case is directly behind the toilet.

Is there a panel on the base of your toilet that would allow you to manually operate the flush ?

Rich.

There is no manual override on this toilet, it's a all electric with built in macerator...I don't even know why it was used to begin with, since there is a built in macerator for the black tank!

I suspect it would be expensive to remove toilet and replace with a normal foot or lever system...have not had a plumber over, yet! I'm in the mountains off SW Colorado. Not many options here! I will be at Redmond, OR. the 11th.

Before Redmond, I'll be at the ACC rally in Seven Feathers, OR. and have a AMC tech appt. for the 8th...un related problems! I'm not saying, don't buy an AMC, but I'm very disappointed with the Service Department, because they lied to me...Deb Merritt.

Carl

Carl, a china replacement normal toilet is less than $180. and it is a very simple replacement if water is there, they work very well. You might connect a 12 volt battery next to your toilet, or run a wire from your battery bank directly to your present situation for flushing purposes on the fly, but if you have a fuse blown or circuit breaker thrown, it is a good indication that you already have a faulty unit and could possibly let the smoke out of the present unit. I can relpace the toilet in my unit in less than 30 minutes on a bad day.

Kay

Thank you Kay, you made me laugh!

Now, try to get one 45 miles south west off Telluride, CO. The nearest and easiest RV supply store is Albuquerque, NM...270 miles. in my Jeep, it will take 6-7 hours each way on a good day.

I am tired off jacking with my current toilet, so I have decided to re-place it ASAP. I'll leave the current electric system in place and disconnect it from the buss bar and battery....who knows, later after I'm done with the bus maybe someone wants a better :-) mousetrap!

I got to have a toilet, but my life does not revolve around one. KISS !

Carl

OK. We found a bad 15 amp in line fuse and replaced it (you can't have too many fuses), now the toilet works and I have flushed everything away!

May the lord bless you all for your input!

Now that I know where everything is at, you know this will never happen again!! LOL.

Carl

I read this in the manual.

ADDING WATER TO TOILET BOWL

Press “Add Water” switch (fig. 4 1) until desired water level
is achieved. (Water flow will shut off automatically if switch
is pressed too long to avoid overflow.) More water is usually
added only when flushing solids.
I hope this helps.

Thanks, so I found out. Have another Q. Per Dometic, RV is on a 12VDC, with a 20amp fuse. Marine is 24VDC with a 15amp fuse. Now since AMC changed

everything else, is it possible that they used 2, 12V batteries, since I have a 15amp fuse in line? How do I find out if they goofed again?

Macerator could be clogged.

Carl.

Think we got it fixed. Per Customer Service at AMC, I have a 12VDC and a 15amp fuse was used by mistake, fancy that, I changed it out for a 20amp and now have a nice bright green light and it flushes per Dometic specs! Hope this is, THE END !

Time to move on and clean my golf clubs...lol