astmi

Norcold Refrigerator Electronic Board

My RV is equiped with a Norcold fridge 1200 LIRM.

I have a problem with the electronic board (the board that controls all the function of the fridge).

The tech who is trying to repair it would like to find the electrical plan of the board.

Would anyone knows where I could find it

Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone for your help.

The recall box had been checked before looking for your help.

The problem is with the board.

I called Norcold and they refuse to give the electrical diagram ont the board. They want me to ask a dealer, but no dealer has it.

They want to sell a new board.

I brought my defective board to an electronic tech. He found that a small part worth less than a dollar was burned out. It is not he first time that me or my friends have problem with Thetford (Norcold). They, in my opinion, deserve a big ZERO for Customer service. They just want to sell parts. For example, I have replace the rubber Inside the doors. They do not sell the rubber, I have to buy new doors at a cost of +/- 600.$

Could FMCA make representations on our behalf to make these peoples more Customer service oriented. They have a permit to steal from us.

I did not realize they were made by Thetford, they should stick with toilets seems like they got it correct with a place to put @#$%.

I just fixed our gas burner now it cools the unit down to a wonderful 48 degrees from 62. I do not plan on using it much since I really love the coach and I would rather not have the side wall burned out or the coach totaled.

When the season is over it will be replaced. I am beyond disgusted with their quality, customer service and the prices for simple items to make minor repairs.

There is a post from a person selling parts off of his, it is in the process of being replaced with a residential unit.

Thanks to each of you for your help.

I do not understand why Norcold refuses to give the diagram of the board or the name of their supplier. They just want to sell us expensive parts, period.

We can not buy the insulating rubbers Inside the doors of the fridge. WE have to buy a new door at a cost of +/- 600$.

I still think that FMCA should make representations on our behalf to prevent these companies to abuse on us like they do now.

I will never buy again a motorhome equipped with Thetford products. (Mine is a Holiday Rambler Scepter).

astmi,

Sorry for your problems. Thetford has had severe problems with their model 1200 fridge. Might I suggest that rather then replacing a $600.00+ circuit board that you might consider replacing the entire unit. With the cost of the board you will be almost a third of the cost of a residential unit.

I believe the Samsung RF 197 will fit with very little modifications.

But please don't condemn the entire company for one division's problems, Thetford make many great products that have had no problems.

Good luck.

Herman