Sign in to follow this  
aztec7fan

How Often Do You Utilize The "Stoppin' Spots" In The FMCA Directory?

Since we only travel a few weeks a year, we don't have much need to find creative places to stay, so I was wondering how much other FMCA'ers use this service?

Do you call several days before to see if it's OK to stop by, or just call the day you are in the area?

Have you had any good/bad experiences when contacting people in the directory?

Just wondering.

Never, but I guess I treat it kind of like insurance-- were I to have coach or health problems near one of the "mechanics helpers" or "pinch hit" members it is nice to know that there may be someone with local knowledge/help.

Never - also! I consider this an emergency provision and I'm glad there are people who are willing to make the offer. I can't reciprocate so would use it only in an emergency. We do visit friends frequently and we sometimes are able to (when invited) park at their home. It makes it real convenient for visiting while staying in our own home. We usually take them out to dinner to repay them for the electric usage. We also stay with relatives, and we make it a condition of staying with them that we will pay them for the cost of the electric, no less. My mother was the exception, has anyone every won an argument with their mother? So I did home maintenance for her to repay her for the expense of plugging in at her house.