huffypuff

Surge Guard

Arrived at a Desert Hot Springs RV Park and proceed to hook up at site for two months stay. I plugged in the surge guard to check for three green lights. I got partial red, green, green from the surge guard. With the breaker switch turned off it should have no light but the first light was showing red. I went to the office and they sent electricians with two trucks. At first their meter showed normal with a little variable between legs but then found a little leakage with the breakers off.

They was able to isolate the 50 amp pedestal at my site from the supposedly ground leakage and know they have maintenance on the block we are located. The manager thank me for bringing it to their attention as they want to give the best of service. The electricians said to me "Wow that thing (surge guard) don't lie. I made a very good investment and don't know what would happen short or long term if I plugged into it without repair. I recommend a tester before plugging into unknown pedestal as it's better to be safe than sorry.

I am using the Progressive Industries wired 50 Amp surge protector. So far no issues but wish I had one installed last year when camping. Had one leg of my 110 volt system wiped out by a surge at the Dakota Ridge campground.

Glad you found the problem before you plugged in.

Yes they pay for themselves. I tried to get by without one. The second trip I had an low voltage event that wiped out the circuit board on the washer. The cost of the board would have payed for the surge protector plus a tank of fuel.

Bill

The Progressive Industries PT-50C has saved me on several occasions. One of the best purchases I ever made.

Never leave home without it.

At what high voltage does the Progressive unit lock out? The voltage here at home from the city generally runs high (125v range) and the surge protector for my brother's camper won't accept it. City says the voltage is normal though.

I had a Progressive Industries 50 Amp wired in at Coos Bay, OR by a vendor. Then I sold the surge protector for $50.00 and donated the money to needy family Christmas fund.

Lifetime Warranty

· High & Low Voltage Protection
(Low <104, High 132>)

· Lost/Open Neutral Protection

· Frequency Protection
(Low <51Hz, High 69Hz>)

· Integrated Digital Readout

· Open Ground Protection

· Polarity Protection

· Previous Error Indication

· Remote Digital Display

· Built-in adjustable time delay
for A/C compressor

· Voltage Meter

· Frequency Meter

· Built-in: Surge Fault Indication
and Amperage Meter
· Thermally Protected

· Product proudly made in the USA

Downadirtroad, above is copy and past from Progressive Industries web site.