Sign in to follow this  
jlandon13399

ICC Switch

I have a question regarding the ICC switch in my coach. It is spring loaded to the off position. I engaged the switch but my spotter doesn't see any change in the lights. I thought they are courtesy lights to signal another driver when it is safe to pull in or to say thank you when pulling in front of another vehicle. My owners manual does not say anything about the operation of the switch. Any info would be most appreciated.

Jack,

Your ICC switch is located on the left side of your Smart Wheel in the triangle with the head lite picture. When your head lights are on and you press the Switch/Button your lights will go out and stay out as long as you hold down on the switch/button. However when your lights ar off and you press the switch/button your head lights will come on and stay on as long as you hold the switch/button down.

On the right sid of your Smart Wheel in the triangle is your Marker Lamp Flasher. It will preform the same task as tha ICC switch/button except with the clearance lights.

ICC for acknowledging the vehicle passing you has enough clearance to return into your lane.

MLF is to say Thank You.

Hope this helps

Herman

Jack, if there is no indication of the head lights or marker lights flashing when you press the switch(s) the switch operates a relay and that relay has a fused circuit. Maybe there is a bad fuse, loose or defective relay or an open wire / connector.

Rich.

I thought the ICC flashed the clearance lights and the dimmer switch flashed the headlights high to low. I better have a look.

Puff, Almost. The ICC will turn off the head lights if they are on and turn them on if they are off. You are correct on the turn signal. if pulled to you they will turn on the high beams as long as you keep pulling towards the wheel and back to low when released. However when the Head Lights are off and you pull the turn signal towards the wheel the head lights will come on. So with the lights off the ICC switch or dimmer handle will flash your head lights. With the lights on the ICC will flash the lights off.

Herman

OK, I checked the ICC and it only flash the clearance lights front and rear with the headlights switch pulled at least one click. The dimmer switch will flash the headlights high to low only when the headlight switch is pulled out two clicks. That's how it works on my coach.

Ray,

Essentially our coaches are the same so mine should work the way yours does. I will try it later this week. Seems to me that the ICC switch should flash turn signal lights to say thanks or indicate it is safe to pull in when another vehicle passes. Who looks at the clearance lights?

Thanks for the reply.

Jack, truckers do. They, like us, are looking for any indication that tells them it's safe to come back in...I generally use my head lights. I use clearance lights on/off in low light condition.

On my coach, it's all on steering wheel.

Carl C.

If the coach has the Smart Wheel, it should act like Herman described (mine does). If not, it is going to be as Huffypuff describes. I don't think the Ambassador comes with Smart Wheel, but maybe it's an option? In any case, the signalling is via marker lights and headlights, not turn signals. The signals have their own, legally prescribed, usage, so are not employed for signalling safe-to-pass.

Perhaps part of the confusion is that we are lumping 'clearance' (side) lights and 'marker' (front/rear) lights together. My ICC only toggles the marker lights.

Bob H.

2004 Bounder Diesel

Gary,

You are correct I do not have a smart wheel. I am camping later this month and will have to try the ICC switch at dusk to see exactly which lights are activated by the switch.

Thank you all for your replies.

This is the Smart Wheel on My coach.

On buttons on the Left, the top triangle is my ICC Switch. This will control the flashing of my Head Lights. If my head lights are on it will turn them off if I press the button and stay off as long as I hold it down. If the head lights are off it will turn them on and stay on as long as I hold the button down.

On the buttons on the Right, The top triangle is my clearance/marker light Switch. This will control the flashing of my Clearance/marker lights. and will control them the same as the ICC does for the Head Lights.

My Smart Wheel is manufactured by Vehicle Improvement Products, Inc.

The above definition came from my owners manual for my Monaco Dynasty.

I am not sure how a unit without a smart wheel operates.

tech-pc-series.jpg

Herman

Pardon me if this doesn't work out it is my first post with a picture.

Herman. It looks fine...not my smart wheel, but I get the idea.

The first time I had a "Smart wheel" was on a 06' Southwind. All other coaches, back to 1967, had a plain wheel...some had a button on floor that operated the high beam! :rolleyes: Sure do love the new wheels :wub:

Ray,

I waited until dusk and pulled my light switch out one click. The DW pressed the ICC switch and the clearance lights flashed. My coach works the same as yours.

Thank you all for the replies. This should close out this post.