Miramichi Cruiser

Ceiling Light Fixture Lenses

I have a 2009 Dutch Star. Other than Newmar or Good Sam where can one find ceiling light lenses? I have searched Amazon, eBay etc... And can't seem to source them. I have found complete light fixtures but not just lenses. Maybe I am using incorrect search criteria? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know how many you need, but the ebay price for the entire fixtures is probably less than just lenses will cost. The link that you provided is for led, and if your 09 is original equipment, they are probably halogen.

Bulb replacement alone is nearly the cost of the led fixture, and the led will use much less current than the halogen, meaning longer battery charge life.

Just my 2 cents worth, and a thought that you might consider.

Hi kaypsmith,

Thank you, I have already converted to LED. I preferred picking the colour temp and lumens dependent on where the lamps is. You are correct they are inexpensive, that is the reason I felt I might be able to find just the lenses for even less.

Miramichi Cruiser, With limited information, regarding the lens size an if they are flat or dome shaped you might try this link and see if by chance they can come close to what you might need. They mention matching any type lens. (Malcolite offers replacements for all lighting fixtures.)

Just by chance is there any information or numbers on the good lenses?

http://www.malcolite.com/index.php?id=9,36,0,0,1,0

Rich.

I private messaged that the link did not work for me-- may have to log in to make it work. So likely, others not a part of the Newmar family will not be able to view.

Miramichi Cruiser,

Check with RV Salvage lots. There are quite a few out there. If you happen to be close to Carthage. MO on I-44 stop in at Colaws RV Salvage. If I remember they have boxes of round light fixtures.

Also check with place that remodel coaches they may have light left over from remodels.

Herman

Hi Wayne...thanks for that. I have the LEDs already was just looking for lenses as I broke a couple.

Yep. I posted in case others were looking for the LED bulbs, but also that they may carry the covers.

Try your search using the word "cover" instead of "lens," for example: "RV ceiling light cover."

Also, if you could post a picture of the cover/lens, along with some dimensions and how it attaches, (screw in, click in with tabs, etc,) I'll also search for you - for a little while - and I'll check with the local rv service repair to see if any of them have them. We don't have your brand RV retailers in my area but many items are so common between RV's.

Holler.

p.s., check some of the local hardware stores as there may be some crossover stuff used. Check cabinet lighting.