Sign in to follow this  
neilcarol

Best Arkansas Route

Question

6 answers to this question

I just ran this through my GPS program and as I see it there are two choices.

The easy route is about 170 miles and the direct route is 88 miles. Bentonville to Joplin to Springfield to Branson is the easy route, US 79/I-49 North to Joplin, I-44 East to Springfield, US 65 South to Branson.

The direct route will likely take you as long and will wear you out but save fuel and money. US 62 to Gateway, US 37 to near Cassville, US 76 to Branson.

Being a life-long resident of Missouri, I've made many a trip to and through the Ozarks. Not fun in a car, I've never done it in a motor home. I'm not afraid of driving small roads and may well take the shorter route. I haven't checked for low clearances, I would definitely take a look at the clearances on the direct route.

Neil,

Tom has given you two very good routes. However if narrow roads and curves are not comfortable for your husband take the 71-44-65 route. Hwy 62 coming from the West into Eurika Springs is a killer with a few fairly steep climbs and one killer hairpin. So go on up 71 to Joplin, head East on I-44. Take time to stop at Cowlaws RV Salvage in Carthage and on to Springield. If you like Hunting and Fishing be sure to visit Bass Pro Shop, this is where it all started and if you love tools there is the Home Office and show room for Gorilla Tools. Then on to Branson on Hwy 65.

Have a great time you are in a nice area.

Herman

Carl,

Just the ones from Galveston.:)

There are a number of TTs, fifth wheels and coaches for sale. But in the back there are wrecked and burned coaches that will make you say a prayer that all survived. They have a large new and used parts store.

Herman