Sign in to follow this  
Tyler4547

Filling Tanks With Fresh Water

Tyler,

Welcome to the Forum.

Let get a bit more information. How are you trying to fill, gravity fill or through the city water valve? Your said, "it just comes out as overflow.". Do you mean it comes out the overflow tube/line or it comes out the gravity fill port? I know this may sound like a dumb question, but could your tank be full? :o

Please give a bit more informations and we may be better to help with your situation.

Herman

Herman. No question is a dumb question. :D

I fill my coach on the side (like fuel) and have found that it must be low pressure, or it backflows. Takes about 15 minutes for 70 gals or 3/4 tank. :(

I have a by-pass switch on my city water hook up, it doesn't work...still on list off small things to do!

Have a great day!

Carl

Sounds like there may be a bend or "trap" in the fill tube that is creating a blockage and not allowing the air in the tank to exit as the water flows into the tank. Buy a barbed hose fitting that is only 1/2 inch diameter at the barb end. Put 2 to 3 foot of 1/2 inch ID plastic tubing on the barb, attach the hose fitting to the water hose and insert the plastic tubing as far in to your fill opening as possible. This may get the water past the section that is causing the blockage and allow the air to escape.

"Takes about 15 minutes for 70 gals or 3/4 tank." That isn't that bad as far as time goes. You won't get much faster using the city fill valve. As you know you don't want much more than 50 psi on the water pressure to the coach. Do you have a switch or is there a lever to select what position the valve is in?

Bill