Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Trace Inverter

I have a Trace RV2012 2000 watt inverter in our 2002 Dynasty. There is a wire going to the coach batteries which I believe is for the battery temp. It has a lug on the end of the wire. Does anyone know where it attaches to the battery/batteries?
I have tried to get a wiring diagram from Trace to no avail.

Anyone have an idea?

Herman

Herman,

Though I would confirm with Trace, it is common for the temperature probe to go on the negative terminal on the battery where the ground wire goes to the coach.

Herman, Sounds like you a referring to the terminal probe, that tells the charger to decrease current when a set temperature is reached.

It monitors the charging temperature of the batteries(Connects to the House batteries)

My manual says to mount it on the positive terminal of the first 6 volt battery in the series. As they are connected in series / parallel ether set will work.

Now, the big question is, Is the manufacture thinking of monitoring current flow or electron flow!

We went round and around this one in College. LOL

Rich.

Rich, doesn't it depend if you are using a current meter or an electron meter? One is calibrated to detect positive to negative flow and the other is from negative to positive flow. The latter being corrrect. Hee hee!

Since it is the weekend I thought I would check with the experts. Now I will take my own advise and call Trace Tech Service Monday. Sounds like I have said that to a lot of folks. :wub:

When I service the batteries on my coach the temperature sensor went to the first negative terminal on the house batteries,

I found the sensor goes on the negative terminal. It may also be attached to the side of one of batteries. Now I have to inspect the wire put on a new lug and stop over charging the house batteries.

Herman

Herman, There is a thermal sensor on the battery end, so if you measure the resistance at the end going to the charger - as the sensor heats or cools the resistance changes.

The end that goes to the battery terminal only needs to be in contact physically not electrically.

There are no wires directly connected to the probe mounting stud.

Rich.