You might consider a Sentry unit. They come in different sizes and the smaller ones do not weigh a lot, but have some good temperature ratings.

There are a number of good hiding places in RV's, you just have look around.

Rich.

I'm with Rich. We've been traveling in the motor home for 15 years, about 200,000 miles now and my major concern is fire, not theft. It all depends on where you travel but we've never had a single security problem and we don't make a habit of staying in premium parks. In fact, we often boondock and not always a Walmart. Bad things do happen. If someone breaks into your RV, you'll lose a lot of valuable stuff. Our safes may or may not stop the thieves. Ours are portable and not particularly well hidden. We were parked near a motor home that burned several years ago. I was particularly pleased to see the contents of their safe after the fire. The fire marshal and sheriff opened the safe, the contents were in usable condition. That was a Sentry Safe just like the ones that we have.

What do we keep in our safe? Not much in the way of valuables, our cash reserve is less that $200 usually. We have our legal papers, passports, other documents that would be useful in an emergency. Mostly what thieves would find would not be worth their effort. Our computers would likely be much more useful.

I would never discourage anyone from running a tight ship when it comes to security, keep it locked when you aren't around.

I use the freezer...marked beef, chicken and pork, with bad date! Your ice box is good for about 1,800 degrees F. Wrap in foil and place in Zip lock!

Carl

I use the freezer...marked beef, chicken and pork, with bad date! Your ice box is good for about 1,800 degrees F. Wrap in foil and place in Zip lock!

Carl

Thats priceless and Genius!

I am still laughing. :)

We use a Sentry Safe. It is portable and Hinden in the unit. The alarm system that we use is 2 good size dogs. If you can get past the dogs you have earned the safe.

I have a Sentry at the house, built in someplace, By accident I started collecting watches in 1965. My father bought me a Daytona "Paul Newman" Rolex # 38 off 125.

My dad passed in 83' & I got his watches...had them and my Rolex (that lived in a drawer for 18 years) appraised...I became a collector! :wub:

I also, have a Sentry in the coach, because watches don't like to live in a freezer! :rolleyes: Like yours, it's portable, but I don't have a dog. Just a 20ga!

Sentry also makes very good gun safes.

Carl

And what model Sentry am I looking for? My coach has a "mud room" cmpt that we don't use, would like to bolt some type of safe in that location. Love the freezer idea though.