Hi Guys

England Calling again for those who kindly answered my last call, we totally changed out the Brake fluid on our 1990 Gulfstream and the result is great.

We passed inspection first time, so we're on the Road Again.

Can anybody help please, the Inner rear wheels have a Square wheel Nut and I'm trying to find a socket to fit, can anybody advise where we can buy one, it seems almost impossible to find in the UK.

Any help guidance would be most welcome or possibly someone has one lying around in thier toolbox.

The next step is get all the brake Calipers off and sorted but nothing is happening until we source a inner wheel nut Socket.

Best regards to all

Peter & Rayne

Kay, I think the tool you suggested is a hex / 6 point socket.

If I understand the post - he is looking for a square tool / 4 point socket to remove the nut(s)

Rich.

Rich, the tool suggested is for budd wheels, the same socket is 1.5 inch 6 point, and down inside the hex is the square to fit the inner square. My bus uses the same socket, been using mine for years.

Kay

Something I have read, but not tried is to take a socket, doesn't matter what type as long as it is close to the size, tap it on the nut with a hammer and remove the nut. It may be that the nut and socket will have to be thrown away and a new nut put on.

Like I said, I have not tried it but it was on one of the "tire" sites.

On thinking: if you can get an adjustable wrench onto the nut (straight away) and close it, then use a long screwdriver to try and turn the nut. I'm assuming the nut is at least 3/4" or more and a crescent wrench would go straight on, tighten down, then on the hadle hole place a tool to assist in turning. Any other type of wrench that would fit straight on could be use if it is a tight fit.

Good Morning Guys

Its truly amazing, we go to sleep at this end and wake up with Answers from across the pond, I've ordered via this morning via the link Kay supplied. Many thanks everybody I'll let you know how we get on.

Br Peter & Rayne

peterk, I walked out to my tool box this morning to look for it, I have a Snap-on socket for those inner wheel nuts. Snap-on part number is BW626A it fits a 3/4 socket wrench the square nut side is 13/16. Its a pretty standard tool on any medium duty/heavy duty truck and bus from that era.

The one posted above from ebay I am sure is much more cost effective.

Over the pond try looking for a truck parts store, they usually have items like this hanging on the wall when you walk into the store behind the parts counter.

good luck

Good luck Br Peter & Rayne, I use an air wrench with 900 ft. # torque, those are supposed to be torqued to 800, don't believe an adjustable wrench can accommodate that much. I have had to use heat on some real stubborn

ones though. Also, don't forget the right side wheels are right handed thread, and the left are left handed.