Sign in to follow this  
whiteeagle

FMCA Replacement Windshield Program, Please

Am in the middle of a disturbing experience with a replacement windshield that was just put in 2 months ago... it made two trips, approx 1200 miles OK but has been sitting in level driveway for last 3 weeks and just developed 3 cracks yesterday AM or previous day.

Discovered Progressive insurance will ONLY use Duncan Systems who will ONLY use Duncan replacement windshields. Original was a Coach Glass (at least it lasted six years with 58,000 miles), but in spite of my pleading (after checking out several folks that had problems with the Duncans), I joined the ranks of those whose replacement windshield cracked within the first couple months.

And I've left several messages now asking for someone there to call me back to get this one replaced ASAP, as I have rally to go to in seven days.

Reason for my post: Is there any possibility that FMCA could put together a windshield program like the Michelin Advantage tire Program, using a quality Windshield instead of cheaper replacements?

WhiteEagle,

FMCA doesn't have a windshield program, however there is a great vendor that is at all AMCA National Rallies and advertises in the magazine, RY Glass Solutions. When you contact them they will contract your carrier and get back to you the same day. If you call, ask for Sally and tell her Herman from Perry recommended them.

Sorry for your problems.

Herman

Understand - have talked to RV Glass about stuff in the past. RV Glass is not an option with my insurance coverage if I need / want to use the $500 deductible expense coverage...

I was hoping that if FMCA had a national program, insurance carriers may very well use or at least allow it's use .... Certainly RV Glass could be the - or one of the solutions. Suspect that Duncan may very well also be one.

Possibly that scale could also drive some potential economics advantages.

Progressive must have changed! I had to replace mine on a 07' Winnebago Tour 40KD in 2010 at Lazy Days RV, Florida. They contacted

Progressive and used RV Glass, my cost $ 500.

Carl

At an FMCA convention about 5 years ago I had RV Glass replace both windshields. One was defective, starting to delaminate in a couple of days and it was replaced in Elkhart where we were 4 days after the oringinal replacement. I have no deductible, law in Az? Never had to pay for deductible on any windshield replacement.

For our three motorhomes, we have had 4 windshields replaced by Duncan Systems. One failed about 6 weeks after installation. Duncan replaced it at no charge. We have always been very satisfied with Duncan's service and quality.