Sign in to follow this  
JustCruzzin

Flush Mount Windows

So what is the scoop on the new flush mount windows, are they really cracked up to what they are suppose to be. It looked like the air circulation was not that of the side slides you find on most coaches.

The appearance of the sleek look outside is very appealing to the eye but I prefer the greater circulation. Having the windows open

during the rain is not important to me, heck just click on the AC.

post-32416-0-07912700-1441842942_thumb.j

The frameless windows look cool and are easy to clean, but, like you, I don't like the greatly reduced air circulation. However, I guess this is progress and we are stuck with them.

We have the flush mounted windows in our MH. There is a decent amount of cross flow ventilation, particularly on the larger windows. The crank mechanism is pretty substantial so I think if you left them open while driving you would be OK. ( Never tried it ), You can leave them open during the rain which is a plus. Actual vent size is small enuf that someone can't crawl thru while you are away. Overall, has not been an issue.

Interesting, my coach has flush mount windows, and they slide. They will open just as wide as the previous coach's (2008) windows.

I like the idea of being able to leave them open and not be concerned if starts to rain and I'm not right there.

Are they as well insulated as dual pane windows?