jdpgroup@comcast.net

Need Advice: Dometic Central Vac System

Hello All--We have a 2015 Fleetwood Discovery model Class A motor coach. The Dometic Central Vac system won't work.

We've had the first motor completely replaced and now the second one is shutting down after a few minutes of operation. The vac has no suction and the motor appears to heat up and shut down. We've looked high and low for a blockage and cannot locate anything. Has anyone out there in motorhome land experience this before? Fleetwood techs want to cut a hole in our motorhome storage area to vent it. I don't think that's the solution. Why should a hole be cut? We would appreciate any thoughts you might have. Thanks --K9 Hotel

jdpgroup,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Open a bay door (assume the vacuum is in the basement). That is how we "vent" the central vac in our coach.

I gave up with mine 3 DP's ago. Use 2 cordless, 18 volt, Shark's. Gives me 30 minutes in coach and 15 minutes in toad. :)

Happy, clean, camper!

If I had a DW, suspect it would be different.

Carl

I also open the door next to our central vac (Dirt Devil) to ventilate the unit. In the event of failure, we would buy a portable unit. Still have plenty of storage available for " new stuff ."

We had a similar problem, the motor would run, but no suction. Turns out there was a kink in the line. The kink was very close to the outlet in the coach. The tech took the cover off, pulled the line through (there was plenty), got to the kink and cut the line there. When it was reattached, all was fine.

Appreciate all of your replies--we're going to try to look for a kink in the vac hose. I think that's where the problem is -- so frustrating. We have been traveling with a battery operated Shark sweeper and it works great, but the central vac should work. We had one in our fifth wheel and it worked great. Thanks, "Newbie" -- N. CA.