Jayson

Michelin VS Summitomo Tires

As we all know the XRV tire is hard-to-find.

Is there any recommendations for the replacement of that tire?

Looking to replace my 235/80R22.5 XRV with 245/75R22.5 SUMMITOMO or anything else I can use?

Jayson. Welcome back to Forum!

I don't know about Sumitomo for a Motor home application. I do know that a friend got them last year on his 42' fifth wheel and truck.

He has had no problems with them.

As long as they have the same load range, fits your rims and meets the chassis recommendation, they should be OK. Since we don't

know what kind of coach you have, I would recommend that you call the chassis manufacturer or coach manufacturer.

Your tires will age out, long before they wear out. The Tireman is our expert, click on his face and send him a mail. :)

I run Michelins on front 315/80 and the other 6 are 295/80, got all 8 new ones last Aug. on the FMCA Fleet Program and saved a ton! :wub:

Carl

...Your tires will age out, long before they wear out....

Agree...get the ones with the best deal...that are not made in China.

As we all know the XRV tire is hard-to-find.

Is there any recommendations for the replacement of that tire?

Looking to replace my 235/80R22.5 XRV with 245/75R22.5 SUMMITOMO or anything else I can use?

I run Toyo 245/75R22.5.

Only comment I have about selecting tire brand is to check on the number and location of truck tire service centers they have. Hopefully you will never need warranty or other special service but if you do I would not want the nearest dealer 500 miles away.