Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Outside Compartment

Can't open the water/Aqua Hot compartment. I don't know if accidentally leaving Aqua Hot on diesel for 400 miles has anything

to do with it. Is there a over ride or reset switch for lock? Key won't do it either

Carl.

Just had a friend that his compartment door would not open. I aplied very slight pressure with a screw driver. With just very little prying pressure the seal released, the seal was stuck. He applied some lube to the seal and it is working well now, Hope yours is as simple.

Herman

Come daylight, I'll let you know! Thank the Lord, I always switch over to pump, even when tank is empty, so I have a 100 gal. I can use!

We don't have aquahot but we do have a lot of stubborn compartment doors. After unlocking, I must use my knee to apply pressure to the door before lifting on the latch handle. Just a thought/ hope it helps.

Is the key turning when you try the lock? Can you hear the electronic lock release when it is activated? If you can turn the key and it still won't release and/or if you hear the electronic lock release then it may be a failure of the linkage between the handle and the latch. I've had that problem with our compartment door latches. With full width compartments I've crawled through to disassemble the latch mechanism from the back side of the door. I'm sure that isn't an option with the Aqua Hot compartment. Our water compartment lock failed in this manner and we had it repaired while at the factory service center in Coburg, Oregon. When I asked the tech how he had done it he said he was able to pry the side of the door open just enough to be able to get to the latch and physically release it. That door was a narrow door (16"). He said it would not work with a wide door.

Carl,

Does your compartment door Swing out or come out and up. If it comes out and rises next to the coach, you may have a broken Latch. The center latch connects to a "U" bolt and the release pin is plastic. When the plastic pin breaks it stays down. To open the compartment you can loosen the nuts (7/16 wrench)on the back side of the "U" bolt from the underside below the door. With the nuts loose you can open the door. There is a company in the magazine that makes replacement latches with Aluminum Pins. My current issue doesn't have their ad but can be found in several past issues. :)

However if this is not the type of latch then I haven't a clue. :unsure:

Herman

OK. Clueless! It's a swing out and about 30" long.

When I left Asheville, NC it worked fine...then I got to Roanoke Rapids, NC and no workee! <_< The key makes a clunk sound when I lock it, no sound to open and does not turn 90 degrees when I try to open! On key fob, no sound on lock or open. The battery on both fobs are good, they will open and lock all other compartments and door!

I only lock everything when I leave coach...if I use fob to lock front door, it automatically locks all outside compartments! I have tried with coach level on HWH, Air and just on ground....nothing!

On my Winnebago Tour and Allegro Bus, there was a reset switch in Co-Pilot side of coach....have not found one! :(

At least I got my Toilet to work....That was a big relief! :wub:

Carl

Have you tried pushing on the door next to the lock when turning the key...that might releave some pressure?

Also...couple of points of clarification. The AH has no tank. And, when you turn on either the electric element or the burner (or both), all water coming out the hot faucets will be coming through the AH, so it will be hot. All of this has nothing to do with your water pump, bay door, or access to the AH. Ideally, if all was well with the AH, there is no reason to open that bay door.

From your description of the behavior of the lock when the key turns, I suspect you need to find a locksmith to solve your problem.

Tom.

I'm clueless! First "Five" has problems. I answered your post yesterday...it's gone!

I'm gone till it's fixed!

Carl