BennieH

Jack/Safety Stands

When I have been doing inspections, greasing and other things under the coach, I use a lot of wood blocking under the Levelers (leave them up) and then dump the air so things are solid and stable.

It's pain with all of the wood blocks plus storing them at home takes a lot of space.

Does anyone use Jack/Safety Stands and do you have jack for lifting? Just based on the weights, these items would need to be heavy truck types.

Where did you get them and what was the cost?

Or, do you just use blocks and deal with the storage?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I carry a 12 ton shorty jack if I need to raise one corner. If need be I might use is it as a safety if I use the jacks to raise a corner. In both cases I carry enough of the plastic leveling blocks to place under the axle to prevent any downward motion.

I use two 6 ton jack stands for the front and two 10 ton for the rear. But I never raise the rear tires off the ground. To do so could allow the coach to roll because the brake is only on the rear wheels. And I don't use all four at one time.

If I understand what you are saying it is for safety if a bag blew well you are under your coach.

I would keep using the wood.

I built cat blocks out for 2x4's for working under.

If I understand what you are saying it is for safety if a bag blew well you are under your coach.

I would keep using the wood.

I built cat blocks out for 2x4's for working under.

Yes, safety is the reason. That and the stack of 4x4's in the garage. Jack stands would take a lot less space and I might then carry them in the storage bays. As the safety officer on our volunteer fire dept, it would be bad form for me to be the subject of an incident. Might not look so good! :blink:

Yes, safety is the reason. That and the stack of 4x4's in the garage. Jack stands would take a lot less space and I might then carry them in the storage bays. As the safety officer on our volunteer fire dept, it would be bad form for me to be the subject of an incident. Might not look so good! :blink:

You are right they might have some un flattering comments.

I can slide under my coach with the bags down so I don't worry to much about airing up the bags or that they might suddenly blow (I have never heard of this). But it is always wiser to err on the side of safety.

Bill