greyhounds4me

Carefree Awning Pull Tag Rolled Up In Awning...Help Please

My awning is needing to come down and I do not know how to unroll it safely. It snapped up almost to the end last time and snatched the pull string and just ate it up! I have looked at the manual and of course there are no troubleshooting issues but I am sure other people have done this too.....help please and thanks, Pam

You will need to just unroll the awing until the strap can be reached and then pull it all the way out. Suggest you order a longer strap or add a loop of nylon cord to lengthen a few inches. When I was attending a large rally where they were present, they replaced at no charge.

grayhound,

Go to most any RV shop. You will find one that will help unroll you awning. They may smile a bit but most likely not charge you.

Good luck, I am smiling just thinking of how many time this has happened to me.

Herman

Thank you but I travel alone with my dogs. I have no one to help me.

I am not near tall enough even on a ladder to reach and do I do it from the middle?

I have found that 99% of campground dwellers are friendly and willing to help. If you do run into that 1%, just move over to the next unit and ask.

grayhound,

Go to most any RV shop. You will find one that will help unroll you awning. They may smile a bit but most likely not charge you.

Good luck, I am smiling just thinking of how many time this has happened to me.

Herman

Herman, same here. the worst part is when it breaks and the awning slams against the coach. I keep extras with me and I always look at them to see if its time to replace.