alv

Hi,

My wife and I are joining FMCA finally after owning motorhomes for the past 6 years. We went from a Class C to a Tiffin Phaeton 36gh in this time. The 2016 Phaeton is our sixth m.h. in six years. I know we should have bought our last m.h. first and we would have saved a lot of money. We were at Red Bay getting some work done on our new coach and picked up the magazine from FMCA down there and decided it was time to join if only for the magazine.

Hopefully we will get to some rallies with the FMCA in the future.

My wife and I just ordered a 2016 Forest River Berkshire 38A. Should be in mid April 2016. We are planning on going to Florida from Nov.2016 to April 2017.We just retired.

This will be our first time going for that long period of time. Not sure what to do about our mail and not sure what to expect at all. This is a big step for us.

We would love to hear from people that can give us help on what to do.

Thank you

Ron & Sharon

Ron and Sharon,

Welcome to the Forum and welcome to retirement.

FMCA has a mail forwarding service which you can find in the Benifits section here. Also there is a service in Livingston, TX, The Escapees. Check out both of them. For either one you will need a change of address from your home. One thing you can also do is go paperless on all your accounts. there are many things you can do but only you can decide which is best suited for you.

Good luck and enjoy Florida.

Herman

My wife and I just ordered a 2016 Forest River Berkshire 38A. Should be in mid April 2016. We are planning on going to Florida from Nov.2016 to April 2017.We just retired.

This will be our first time going for that long period of time. Not sure what to do about our mail and not sure what to expect at all. This is a big step for us.

We would love to hear from people that can give us help on what to do.

Thank you

Ron & Sharon

Ron & Sharon,

Welcome to the FMCA forum and to retirement.

I can't tell you anything personally about the FMCA mail forwarding service but I am very familiar with the Escapees program after having used it since November 2011.

We have our mail delivered to us on a weekly basis but you can select any time period. In 2012, we traveled from Texas to Alaska and back to Texas with no problems in receiving our mail.

In 2015, we left Texas the end of May traveling through the midwest then east across the northern states to New Hampshire, then down the East Coast to Florida. Again, no problem with mail.

If you are not an Escapees member, you will need to join to use the mail forwarding service.

https://www.escapees.com/support/mail-service

Enjoy your trip to Florida. Many nice RV parks here at various price levels and amenities. We are currently in a small park (31 sites) a few miles outside St. Augustine. Reservations well in advance are highly recommended at most parks.

Well Hello All,

I'm here representing myself and my wife as new FMCA members. Retiring in April 2016, we've commenced our research/search for a motor coach and plan to commence RV traveling/touring the wider continental US as well as Canada. Expatriates for most of our (my) 35 year career, we've enjoyed seeing the world and in some case, twice over, but have not seen the USA to the extent we want and plan to.

So joining FMCA seems to have been a smart choice as we've began reading the various articles/threads and many post of members some of which clearly have decades of experience as full timers.

New to us, we owned pull campers years ago but now look to moving into the more formal DP class A motor coach and have commenced our search for the manufacturer & model we think we want. We have also rented Class A's a few times for short haul trips to see if the bigger rigs were of our liking - and they are.

Planning to buy used in the 2011-2014 range of 40-42 ft'r, we've come here to learn from so many and look forward to reading through the wide array of topics and sharing from other members.

Rick & Lydia Williams

Lake Charles, LA

Good morning Rick, Welcome to the Forum.

There are a couple of places you might look for a good Diesel Pusher (DP). Close to you in Houston is PPL, sorry I don't know their web site. There is also Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, TX. you can check out their inventory at www.motorhomesoftexas.com . If you see a unit give Mel Corday a call.

We also have a member of the Forum here that is having to sell his coach. His unit is a very well maintained coach. I am sure that he will see your post and send you a Personal Message (PM).

Good luck on finding the coach of your dreams and Happy Retirement in April.

Herman

Two years ago my wife and I purchased our first RV of any kind. A 2015 Forest River Wildcat 282 RKX fifth wheel. We have been very active on the FR forum and have been to the last two FR International Rally's in Goshen, In. and several other regional rallies.

Well we have come to the realization that to truly see this beautiful country, a MH is the only way to go. Not knowing if we will be able to get away enough to justify a DP, we ordered a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q which will be ready for p/u at Lichtsinn RV after April 20th.

While in Vegas this past January for the S.H.O.T. SHOW we took a day off and went to Quartzite for the day. While there we came across the FMCA booth. It was a no brainier and joined on the spot. We hope to get away and attend as many functions as possible. My wife can retire any time, but also owning a commercial dog boarding kennel (my job) without great employees travel would be impossible. Most dog owners love there dogs more then their kids !

Hope to meet many of you somewhere down the road.

Bill & Maura Schnauffer

Chardon, Ohio

Bill.

Big Welcome to FMCA and the Forum! If you have not done so yet, check out the clubs/Chapters on FMCA main site. It's a great way to meet other folks that share your interest. Also, we have our annual FMCA reunion in W. Springfield, Mass. coming up later this Summer! Lots of activities for every age, Vendors and factory reps. So, before and after you take delivery, enjoy the ride. "It's all about having fun"!

Carl

Carl (Manholt) thanks for the warm welcome. We will check into local chapters, and the West Springfield trip might be possible.

Billl

Hubby retired last month. :D I have been retired for 8 years, no I didn't rob the cradle, just started my career really young and stuck with it. Already have the RV (2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39S).

After a couple of health delays, we are ready to hit the road. We were planning to travel to Florida and were told to wait until the snow birds left this month. We looked for places to stay with our dogs for a couple of weeks in April or Early May because we have to wait around for a wedding in Atlanta in late May.

After that we are headed west with our dogs if all goes well. We have had 9 trips with our critters in tow (Big Dogs) but they were short trips. A little anxious about heading out for months at the time. I have looked at all kinds of sites on the internet regarding Pet Friendly travel but find that the sites are out of date and the links don't work.

Any help on where my Big Boys will be welcome or any updated links with info would really be appreciated. We are so new to this any help with getting started out, finding others to caravan with etc.. would also be appreciated.

We tried both the Florida State Parks and the National Parks for our trip to Florida but found so many things are booked slam through to June.

Thanks for reading my ramble.

Happy Travels!

Rosie,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulation to you husband on his retirement.

Have you'll joined FMCA? If not the benefits are out standing for RV'ers. If you would like more information just PM me.

Herman

Update; having previously enjoyed access and use of the forum as guests we're now official members having paid our subscription and formally joined FMCA. We look forward to enjoying the benefits of membership and meeting other members as we travel about.

Rick & Lydia Williams + our traveling companion, Nike (Miniature Schnauzer) 

IMG_1442.JPG

Rick and Lydia.  Good for you and Welcome to FMCA !:)

If your going to FMCA rally in Chandler, AZ.  We have a Meet & Greet, you get to see the live version of the ghost pictures!  Lots of Seminars and fun things to do.  Hope to see you there or down the road.

Carl 

That is a good looking coach you got..If you tag on your ghost and click on profile and edit you can add anything you want under your name.  year, make, model, type of coach and any thing else.  Makes it easier to get a response if you need us in the future!

Carl

Welcome to the forum Rick & Lydia Williams and Nike. Where are you located? Have you looked at any local chapters? 

Here is how I add information to my signature. Click on the three-horizontal bars in the top right side of the page. Click on account. Click on account settings. Then click on signature. You will get a box to enter information that will be public and show up in your signature. Don’t put information like phone number or home address. The state and town would be ok. When you are done click on save. You can look at what others have in their signature. Having some info about your coach will help when you ask questions in the future as you won’t have to re add it each time.

Bill