captaincop

Blue Ox BX7445 Aventa LX Failure: Attach Point To Class IV Hitch

I had my 2007 Toyota Tacoma damage due to Blue Ox tow bar broke at attach point where dual attach bars at the IV hitch.

Just want to know if anyone else has seen or experienced this problem. No I have not contacted Blue Ox yet.

I am waiting for insurance company to look at damages to coach, motorcycle lift and front end of my pickup.

Op says "bar broke at attach point where dual attach bars at the IV hitch", I think that means at the hitch end next to coach.

For converting those pictures so that they will upload, if using windows, just load them into paint, there is a converter there. I'm reasonably sure that Macintosh

will have a similar program.

Happy holidays to all, Kay

Captain,

The first thing you need to do is contact Blue Ox. I can assure you they want to know of the failure. They are a first class company and will work with you.

Please don't hesitate.

Herman

Thank you all for your input. I just sent Blue Ox a warranty claim and will call them in AM. I have over $1500 deductibles to pay up front when all three vehicles are fixed.

Hi Guy I’m new to FMCA I had a serious tow bar failure BlueOx damaged my F150 and very narrowly avoided a catastrophic accident when the safety cables snapped my toad crossed two lanes of traffic and into a guard rail. I did contact Blue Ox and because i didn’t buy it new there’s very little they can do. This bar is defective one side pulled out of the threads and snapped the roll pin leaving the other side to carry the load and it snapped while making a turn putting all the load on one safety cable at a time. Has any one else had this problem, it really scared the **** out of me

cheers Art

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

Regrettably that is the real and present hazard of buying used equipment. In this situation Blue Ox cannot be responsible. When was the last time the tow bar was serviced per Blue Ox instructions?   Hopefully your insurance co. covered the damage.

BTW, This demands your hitch and attachment to the MH frame be inspected for damage too; in fact MH mfgrs. recommend annual inspection.

Bill, that Blue Ox 4325 model was discontinued several years ago for this reason. The aluminum shafts developed metal fatigue until they snapped. Blue Ox then redesigned the towbar with steel shafts and finally completely discontinued the aluminum towbar.  Shame on the OP for not having a supplemental braking system with a breakaway feature for the toad. He is lucky that the toad didn't collide with another vehicle. 

My bad Jim. I was just going by Ajhogs post. I did not see the original heading of the post started in 2015.

Just a heads up Blue Ox will be at the rally in AZ and you can get your towbar serviced there to. Their website has a list of all locations/functions they will be at this year.

Bill

On 1/30/2024 at 10:14 AM, wildebill308 said:

My bad Jim. I was just going by Ajhogs post. I did not see the original heading of the post started in 2015.

Just a heads up Blue Ox will be at the rally in AZ and you can get your towbar serviced there to. Their website has a list of all locations/functions they will be at this year.

Bill

I was replying to Ajhog's post of Monday last; 6 posts up.