CAdvoc

Norcold Refrigerator -

Puff, wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't hooked up properly, or just defective. I think you are in the same business as I am, and you know how that goes from one mechanics interpretation to another on how something should be installed especially when you are paid by the job and have to read instructions :wacko: . The probes appeared to in the correct location from photos I have seen from other installations.

OBEDB, my wife loves how she doesn't have to turn it on the day before now, it will cool down in 1/2 hour, enough to load food. Once the season begins we just leave it on from March/April to November. If you need help with the installation just ask. Like I said before the hardest part is getting the old unit out of the coach it took four of us to hand it out the window and two of us to hand the new one in. I installed it myself, that was the easy part. I probably spent a 1/2 hour at Home Depot in the wood stain isle with a cabinet door in my hand trying to match the stain for the trim so it looked good once I was done.

Obe,

Now that's a deal, since Joe is your neighbor, he comes and help then you don't have to think too much.

Joe's installation looks professional. My thought is handing a 280lb refrigerator through a window. Wow! I am heading over to excercise the generator and throw a charge into batteries. While the gen is running, I am going to a nearby RV repair center to ask them about taking the Dometic out. Once the new fridge is in the coach, I think that I will be all right. If I can't handle it, I will call the Lone Ranger (Joe). It will probably be a basic Samsung because that is what Joe installed and a number of other members have also said they work with a MSW inverter/charger. I don't need ice water through the door or an icemaker. Just a freezer large enough to accommodate two ice trays. Yea Carl/ finally heading into the 21st century.

ObedB, I have a secret to share, how to get things done around these parts. I called some friends, told them there was going to be smoked brisket, homemade potato salad, homemade macaroni salad and beer and I needed their help for an hour, after the hour we eat. It didn't take an hour since I had the unit already removed sitting in front of the couch. You just need to bribe some friends, things get done much faster that way. option#2 since yours still works it probably has value. I would see if maybe they do the labor for $0 if they can keep the unit. Two simple pipe caps from a hardware store for less than $5.00 will seal the gas line and ice maker water line. option #2 wont taste as good! :lol:

Ah, Ha. The Bribe and Barter System....Love it ! :P:rolleyes: Don't know what a good Brisket goes for in PA. But bulk sausage at Sam's goes just as well ! :) Your only problem right now is a North Eastern headed your way, with SNOW ! :(

Carl

Uggg, yea so I hear. I wanted to run water through the coach this weekend to flush out the RV antifreeze and change the water filters, guess that will have to wait.

Puff, wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't hooked up properly, or just defective. I think you are in the same business as I am, and you know how that goes from one mechanics interpretation to another on how something should be installed especially when you are paid by the job and have to read instructions :wacko: . The probes appeared to in the correct location from photos I have seen from other installations.

Yes I'm retired from a county fleet doing everything from earthmovers to weed wackers. Then tractors, lowboys, police and ambulance. Then we have all the special executive cars and lower employees cars and light trucks. Yes I was a jack of all trades and no master so I read instruction. There was many around me that wouldn't bother.

I don't know what happen to your unit but mine appears to be working as just fumes from a wash can trip it.

Puff, we do have a bit in common. My business I just sold last year I worked on fire apparatus and ambulances, some construction equipment, but not much. It was hard to get that dirty and go and work on an ambulance without upsetting a medic or fire chief.

While I did that part time I worked full time for the local electric utility as a fleet trainer for the fleet maintenance department, I quickly became the voice of reason with every technical problem from booms that would raise themselves to diesel and hybrid gas engine expert way beyond the master dealer technician career that brought me to that position.

If mine worked as designed I wouldn't have thought of changing it out, is a shame the quality of the products has dropped so much that we install electronics to protect us from cheap parts. When that process fails by installer error or mechanical failure the consumer is at risk as it did in my situation.

Glad to see you posting on here, keep in touch.
Joe

Have an acquaintance that is chief mechanic for Spring Garden Township in York County PA.Like Ray, he works on everything. from fire trucks, ambulances, patrol cars, snow plows, all of the way to chain saws and power blowers. In his early fifties.

Probably have a nice pension when the time comes.

Have an acquaintance that is chief mechanic for Spring Garden Township in York County PA.Like Ray, he works on everything. from fire trucks, ambulances, patrol cars, snow plows, all of the way to chain saws and power blowers. In his early fifties.

Probably have a nice pension when the time comes.

Yes I'm retired with a couple of pension but no SS yet. I hold off that until I'm 67 if it's still there.

I open my own shop going on six years fixing cars and light trucks only. Since I live on a island I don't stay too busy.