Thanks Herman,

Unfortunately, due to my wife's health, I'm not able to leave her much and go volunteering.  I'm sure it makes for a better experience.  But on the other hand, I'm probably one of the "ole grouches" you mentioned anyway, so it might work out best for everyone.

Please don't misunderstand my comments.  I had a great time and will come back when it returns to Perry.  But you don't need to know about the parts that went right.  So I ask that you look at the below "***** list" and remember, I thought 95% of the rally was great.  The volunteers and members I dealt with were friendly, helpful and very personable.  I got a lot out of most of the seminars I went to, so don't take this as a dissatisfied person, but rather one trying to provide feedback to "tweak" future rallies....

I guess that, along with the inbound traffic, which according to Jeff, was a fluke, it was the "First Timers" tag....what exactly was supposed to happen if you were a first timer?  The only thing that I saw that was different for us was the initial "First Timer's Orientation" and I have to say, that was disappointing.  Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't hear a thing that wasn't in the paperwork we received before the Rally.  What, if anything, did a "First Timer's" tag mean or do?

We also had an electrical problem in the lot when we got there.  And a number of coaches didn't get power (in the second 30-amp lot) until evening.

Oh, and Murphy did come out and take my schedule and beat it to death.  There were three big subjects I wanted to attend and it was impossible to get to see all three.  Course, I guess that's reason to attend the next one.

Sorry for all the gripes, but since you asked, I figured you wanted feedback.
Sam

Ops,

Sorry for the delay in turning on power to your area.There are several factors involved with turning on power and sometime we can visit and I will try to explain. But for now, I sorry. 

The "First Timers" hanger was so those of us who were volunteers, officers and old timers could stop say Howdy and welcome you to the Reunion aka Rally.

So if I didn't see you there, HOWDY!!  Now you all come back, you'll hear me!

Herman

On April 26, 2016 at 11:17 PM, opsmdev said:

Thanks for telling me this story Jeff.  We were one of the forty-six that had to wait awhile; fortunately (at least for us), we were in the first group to go to the new lot.  Later in the afternoon, I saw that line and my wait just didn't seem too bad anymore.  I wasn't angry with the volunteers as I was the lack of organization (or so it appeared).  We had no information about the loss of a team or an injury, so it just appeared as if this was the "system" in place.  I really felt sorry for some of the volunteers; they were working really hard, but you could tell they were frustrated.  I'm glad to know that we were the exception rather than the rule.  My only suggestion for future rallies would be improved signage on the way in.  

Signage was part of the delay too.  Everyone was supposed to come in Elko Road (east gate). Elko road was not marked ( I heard HALE was responsible for this). The north gate (wrong entry gate) had a big lit up sign Welcoming FMCA. The south gate (wrong gate unless you were in a caravan) had no sign pointing you straight towards Elko road.  As a result we had coaches approaching the main corner from three directions. Knowing what we know now it won't happen again. 

The lack of one parking crew caused the back up but the lack of signage caused many an arrival frustration as people missed Elko road and had to turn around.   

Thanks for coming. We will do better next time. 

15 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Ops,

Sorry for the delay in turning on power to your area.There are several factors involved with turning on power and sometime we can visit and I will try to explain. But for now, I sorry. 

The "First Timers" hanger was so those of us who were volunteers, officers and old timers could stop say Howdy and welcome you to the Reunion aka Rally.

So if I didn't see you there, HOWDY!!  Now you all come back, you'll hear me!

Herman

And HOWDY!  Back at'cha.  I'll be back when you come back to Perry.  Hopefully that will be soon.

16 hours ago, opsmdev said:

Thanks Herman,

Unfortunately, due to my wife's health, I'm not able to leave her much and go volunteering.  I'm sure it makes for a better experience.  But on the other hand, I'm probably one of the "ole grouches" you mentioned anyway, so it might work out best for everyone.

Please don't misunderstand my comments.  I had a great time and will come back when it returns to Perry.  But you don't need to know about the parts that went right.  So I ask that you look at the below "***** list" and remember, I thought 95% of the rally was great.  The volunteers and members I dealt with were friendly, helpful and very personable.  I got a lot out of most of the seminars I went to, so don't take this as a dissatisfied person, but rather one trying to provide feedback to "tweak" future rallies....

I guess that, along with the inbound traffic, which according to Jeff, was a fluke, it was the "First Timers" tag....what exactly was supposed to happen if you were a first timer?  The only thing that I saw that was different for us was the initial "First Timer's Orientation" and I have to say, that was disappointing.  Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't hear a thing that wasn't in the paperwork we received before the Rally.  What, if anything, did a "First Timer's" tag mean or do?

We also had an electrical problem in the lot when we got there.  And a number of coaches didn't get power (in the second 30-amp lot) until evening.

Oh, and Murphy did come out and take my schedule and beat it to death.  There were three big subjects I wanted to attend and it was impossible to get to see all three.  Course, I guess that's reason to attend the next one.

Sorry for all the gripes, but since you asked, I figured you wanted feedback.
Sam

Unless they had a generator problem the power should have been on.  I don't have the rally manual with me but it does state what time the generators are to be started to provide power for your lot. Apologies for that one. 

Past posters already stated the first timer ribbons (some don't like them) are meant to alert volunteers (and others).  For me at the corner I would give more detailed instructions on what happens next.  Also, appreciate the feedback on the orientation.  In the past people would say it took them too long to figure out the trams so we tried to have more info on tram routes. 

The easiest way to make the rallys smoother and more enjoyable is for all to listen to the feedback and for that we thank you!!

17 hours ago, opsmdev said:

The only thing that I saw that was different for us was the initial "First Timer's Orientation" and I have to say, that was disappointing.  Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't hear a thing that wasn't in the paperwork we received before the Rally. 

Sam

Sam,

We need your help here.  It is difficult for those who have been to multiple Conventions/Rallies to know what needs to be covered in the First Timer's Orientation.

If you recall, what WAS covered.

And, much, much more critically; having just attended your first Convention/Rally, what SHOULD have been covered.  Said differently, what would have helped you to have a more productive/fun first Convention/Rally.

Please take your time with this-- it is an important "homework assignment".

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Sam,

We need your help here.  It is difficult for those who have been to multiple Conventions/Rallies to know what needs to be covered in the First Timer's Orientation.

If you recall, what WAS covered.

And, much, much more critically; having just attended your first Convention/Rally, what SHOULD have been covered.  Said differently, what would have helped you to have a more productive/fun first Convention/Rally.

Please take your time with this-- it is an important "homework assignment".

Thanks in advance.

How to find your vendor may be a good item. I ran across a few people who were looking for a particular vendor and couldn't  find them. 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, wolfe10 said:
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, wolfe10 said:

Patron,

Glad you had a good time and very glad it was an excellent learning experience for you.

That is what FMCA Conventions are about-- learning while having a good time!

Brett

Patron,

Glad you had a good time and very glad it was an excellent learning experience for you.

That is what FMCA Conventions are about-- learning while having a good time!

Brett

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:26 PM, patron said:

Brett,

We have lost our copy of the "what you need to know about your diesel" handout you distributed at the Hands on Driving Class in Perry. Is it possible to receive a copy via e-mail? If so, please send to patbrown30506@gmail.com and/or ronbrown30506@gmail.com. Thank you for your help.

Thank you Brett for sending the handout to us.  Don't know how we lost the first copy--maybe filed somewhere in error and we'll find again later.  Again, thank you so much for taking the time and postage to get to us.