jleamont

Potluck Recipes Dishes You Enjoy While Traveling

Going to our first RV club outing in a few weeks, everyone is bringing a covered dish for Saturday night. I am looking for some ideas on what to bring or if you have a favorite dish/recipe post it or the link to it.

I have not seen many discussions (even after my search) on what food people like to cook while on the road. This might be a good time to exchange some of your favorite recipes with others. I know in our house we have what I refer to as a rut we tend to fall into, which can get boring after a while. I am open to new Ideas, anyone else?

Here is one of ours;

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-chicken-taco-meat-4957

I substitute the taco seasoning for Chipotle powder or mix it 50/50 with taco seasonings.

I would recommend going for a walk in your local farmer's market, picking out some fresh, locally grown produce and some herbs, then creating a dish from that using any cooking process or combination of processes you are familiar with. That would be fun, reduce your time hunting around for a different recipe, and be less stressful.

For example, you could do a vegetable and chicken soup using a saute method combined with a clear or creamed soup method. Start with a mixture of carrots, onions, and celery and use one or more interesting vegetables and herbs you find. Use those things you already like!

Take out your old vegetables in your refer, and leftover stems and cuttings you have saved in your freezer, and make your vegetable broth from them!

Bon appetit

(throw out your recipes)

Rodger

Joe,

Deb is pondering and will reply soon......we ask the kids to give us Cracker Barrel gift cards!......

Hope the weather is turning for the better up there!

Blake

Kay, sure, send it on over!

Blake, great, appreciate the thought given to this. It is decent up here, days are in the 60's nights in the 40's, not summer yet but its not snowing either :) . We just had some recent rain which is very appreciated to wash the roads and get rid of all that salt.

How about Brunswick stew? I'll be glad to email you an old family recipe if interested.

Is it difficult to cut up the bowling ball, or do you just use the smaller size billiard balls?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Is it difficult to cut up the bowling ball, or do you just use the smaller size billiard balls?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

:lol: Wow, didn't think of that until you brought it up.

Betty has a recipe for seven layer bean dip. The best bean dip ever. A large baking dish full of that and some nearby Tostitos Scoops might be appreciated. One of my favorites.

Betty has a recipe for seven layer bean dip. The best bean dip ever. A large baking dish full of that and some nearby Tostitos Scoops might be appreciated. One of my favorites.

ObedB, send it over, sounds good!

Betty used to take this to her floor at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore on special occasions. In the fridge overnight after done. In the car in morning. She put it in the break room and plugged it in to be ready for lunch. Always a hit.

Hot Nacho Dip

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef browned with the sausage

1/2 pound ground hot sausage ( Jimmy Dean or the like )

I pound velveta cheese

1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese

2 small cans chopped green chili peppers

1 medium onion chopped

1 medium to large tomato chopped

Add ingredients to crock pot on low heat stirring occasionally.