jbrunson

A Rift in the Time-Space Continuim!

Just got off the phone with my local Cat dealer's parts desk... next morning delivery and prices cheaper than NAPA! What manner of foolishness is this??? Somebody pinch me so i will wake up!

jbrunson, I run into this often. Times have changed and the dealers have aligned their prices with the aftermarket in most instances. They want your business now more than ever.

Backyard/ Shade tree DIY mechanics here in Dixie have been conditioned for decades to avoid the OEM due to high prices. The part where they deliver and save me 90 miles of driving is added value also.

Have had very good service from the Caterpillar franchise in Grand Junction Colorado and surprised at the reasonable price
NAPA offers good products, but our local store is pricey. On occasion ridiculous.

Last Monday, I visited NAPA for a five inch exhaust clamp, they looked and found none is the store.

I asked price and would have to wait 2 days, "$19.97" plus tax.

The counter salesman suggested that I try Western Star, less than a mile away. Part in stock, cost "$14.05", out the door.

I bought my 2 start batteries at my local Freightliner store. $179.00 dollar batteries for $69.00 each. I was so happy when I saw the sale I forgot what else I was going to get.

Bill

I bought my 2 start batterys at my local Freightliner stoore $179.00 dollar batterys for $69.00 each. I was so happy when I saw the sale i forgot what else I was going to get.

Bill

:lol:

Bill, I do that every time I walk into a parts store. :D Like a kid in a candy store.