HemiGpa

Greetings All!

My wife Robin and I are new to the group, we have a 1999 Safari Zanzibar and are just getting into RVing.

We will be taking our first trip next week to see family in Texas and Arizona so should be a good trip!

HemiGpa,

Welcome to the Forum. Have you joined FMCA yet? If not, stop what you are doing and do so right now. :D

Just kidding, it is a great organization with many benefits to the Motor Home owner.

We are having wonderful weather right now here in North Texas. Where will you be coming from and where in Texas will you be visiting?

We ask lots of question here on the Forum.

Herman

HemiGpa and Robin,

Yes, welcome to the Forum! There are a lot of active experts here (excluding me!) so hopefully you'll be able to take advantage of that and lend us whatever experience you have or gain.

BTW.......that's an awesome "Hemi" in your profile pic!

As Herman mentions, this is a beautiful time of year to visit Texas. Actually, it's my favorite time. The trees are full again and flowers have been blooming for several weeks now. Enjoy your trip out.

Blake

Herman, we are in Huntington Beach, Ca, heading to San Antonio first to see my sister then up to Euless to see my son then to Longview to see my other 2 sisters, then to Prescott Az. to see my Aunt . Already joined FMCA and enjoying the awesome people here. Ask away with the questions!

Blake, Worked building the C-17 for almost 30 years before they closed the program down, I'm sure I'll be tapping some of the expert knowledge you all have to share and hope I can contribute also.

I'm a shade tree mechanic myself worked on cars since I was 15 then went into the Air Force and was a B-52 Crew Chief for over 7 years then drove truck for a couple of years before I went to work at McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for 29 year 7 mo. Now I'm taking a break and spending time with the real boss....lol

Hope to see you all and have a cup of coffee some time!

Dave

Dave,

Welcome and I am an "xspert." With "X" being an unknow quantity and "Spert" a drop of water under pressure, so I qualify as an "xspert."

Your coming to Texas and in may we leave for California. Wave if yo see us zooming by on the highway.

Wayne, will do! Where in California you heading to?

Our first stop will be Temecula at the SKP park to visit some friends for about 5 days. Then to Del Mar Beach for 15 days and will attend my son's retirement ceremony. After that we are planning to take a trip up the coast (again) to Whidbey Is. WA, then back home. Probably be on the road for 3-4 months depending on how long my other son and DIL can babysit the house. Don't like to leave it unattended.

Wayne. You telling me you live on the wrong side of town? :rolleyes: While your in WA. you should stop and see Huffy Puff. :D

The weather promises to behave for the rest of the month! April is one off our 2 months a year with perfect weather! :lol::lol:

Carl

Wayne, LOVE Temecula and the wineries, we are about 1.5 hours from there depending on who and what we are driving...lol

Here's a picture of my "Faster" ride :-)

Spring Fest2.jpg

21 hours ago, Manholt said:

Wayne. You telling me you live on the wrong side of town? :rolleyes: While your in WA. you should stop and see Huffy Puff. :D

The weather promises to behave for the rest of the month! April is one off our 2 months a year with perfect weather! :lol::lol:

Carl

Well, I just don't like leaving it empty.  Mainly because this is a free reading forum and someone from your part of the town now knows I'm leaving. So between the alarm system, my son and DIL, (and he works for a police department if you get my meaning) the house is in good hands.

Paranoid....look at all the houses on Galveston that is left shuttered for months, sometimes years at a time!  Last year, I was home a total of 22 days!  Friends from LA. came in for Dickens weekend and for Dr. appointments.

I have been robbed one time in 26 years here...After IKE, 1st responders got away with  36 stackable, plastic chairs and 8, 6' tables!  I had moved in to my current house in June 08', IKE hit Sept. 08'...being a member of El Mina Shrine, Galveston...there are cops by my cull de sac, 24/7 when I'm gone!

Feeling pretty good, just don't have a voice and the stiches are slowly dissolving.  My next appointment is 4/13 for any adjustments, then it will be in early Sep. for installation of permanent teeth...that is also, when I can have a Steak again!  Just hope I don't loss to much weight...the last 8 days has been liquid only, same for the next 8!  Then it's all soft food for the next 18 weeks.

Is RogerS bugging you yet?   

Wow....really nice car.  I don't see a tow bar base plate on it!

Dave......thank you for your service to our country.

Blake

Blake sadly it's an automatic and can't be towed 4 down. You are most welcome glad to have served this Great country and would do it all over again

Granpa,

It is a beautiful car. If it is to be used for your tow vehicle you should only tow it in an enclosed trailer. It is too nice to be exposed to the dust, dirt and all other kind of debris these motor home can kick up. But it sure would be the talk of the town at a Rally.

Herman